Chapter 33 - Acceptance

Sana pov:

We had come in front, but now Vega and Charlotte were bickering behind us. Barragan didn't bother stopping them and neither did Sousuke san. After a few minutes of walking, I could feel the reiatsu of the Hollow getting closer. These were definitely stronger than normal Hollow; I could tell that much. We stepped out from behind some big crystal formations and my eyes went wide seeing huge black Hollows as tall as 100 storey buildings! I cringed slightly as they all turned to look down at us. But unlike a violent reaction that I was expecting, they all made way for us to walk through. They kept screaming, but I could tell that they were afraid and hesitant towards Sousuke san.

"Are these Adjucas?" I asked breaking the silence in our group. I mean, these guys were so huge! It was possible that they had absorbed many other Hollow and became this big. "No, these are Menos Grande. They are rather slow and foolish Hollows. Adjucas are smaller and have the appearance of an average sized Hollow. Its their reiatsu and their ability to contain that reiatsu within their smaller and faster forms that make them useful." Tousen san answered my question and I nodded. "Oh, I see."

We walked even further inside until we stopped in front of a rock formation that looked like caves. I looked up, wondering what was here since I could feel reiatsus much stronger than the Menos we had encountered earlier. A few seconds later, a few Hollows used Shunpo to appear in front of us, or rather Sousuke san on one knee. I had heard that it wasn't called Shunpo for Hollows though. Anyway, these guys were the ones with the powerful reiastu and the lifted their heads to look at Sousuke san.

"Aizen sama!" "Aizen sama!" They called out and I could see hope flicker in their eyes. I guess they were hoping that they would be selected to become an Arrancar and serve directly under Sousuke san. Sousuke san just observed them for a few minutes and then frowned. "Well, this is quite a disappointment." He said and the Hollows froze. "Aizen sama! I have already eaten 1290 Hollows! Please help me become an Arrancar so I can serve you!" One of them said desperately.

But Sousuke san just turned around and started to head back the way we had come. "Aizen sama! Please wait!" I blinked looking between the Adjucas and Sousuke san in confusion. I let go of Kagamihato and followed Sousuke san to catch up with him. "You're not going to create any Arrancar?" I asked and he glanced down at me. "There aren't any Hollow with reiatsu worthy enough to become Arrancar." He said simply. "Arentcha being a lil' too picky, Aizen taichou?" Ichimaru san asked with an amused smile. "You know better than anyone what I mean by worthy of power, Gin." Sousuke san replied with a smile as well.

"Of course, jus' saying Aizen taichou." Ichimaru san chuckled. My lips twitched into a slight smile. When Sousuke san wasn't threatening me with his reiatsu or with my friends, he didn't seem like a bad person at all. The way he joked around with Ichimaru san was a nice change in his expressions. He smiled often when he spoke with Ichimaru san. It wasn't the dark and threatening kind of smiles, it was the kind that showed he was having fun and enjoying the conversation. Besides, when he smiled at me too, there was usually a hint of gentleness that didn't seem to appear when he was talking to anyone else.

Perhaps he was being honest when he said he wanted to make me his Queen. Maybe, just maybe, I was misunderstanding him because I was afraid. Afraid that he would just use me and then throw me away when the Hougyoku was ready. Of course, he could probably use my abilities later on too, but I wouldn't be as important to him as I am now, right? That's why I was really worried that I was starting to feel more and more drawn to him. Not just drawn to him, but I was starting to like him more than I should. I guess I could say that I was reaching the point where I wanted to return his feelings and the gentle gestures that he did to me.

"Is there something on my face, Sana?" I twitched and then blushed, realizing that I had been staring at Sousuke san the whole time when I was thinking. I looked away immediately and fumbled with my dress. "Uh no....I was just kind of lost in thought.....I didn't realize I was staring. Sorry." I mumbled, my face still warm. He chuckled. "That's quite alright."