Chapter 16 - Battle with Aizen san

Yay! Long chapter!! Happy reading!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sana pov:

I blinked, not really understanding what he said the first time. But when his words sunk in, my eyes went wide and I stood up. "W-what?! Me fight you? W-why? I mean...I don't want to fight you." Why on earth would I fight this guy? He knew I wasn't as strong as him, at least in the physical strength part and he already had methods to counter my Bankai. Anyone would call me crazy if I agreed to fight him. He seemed to find the startled expression on my face amusing and he chuckled.

"Do not worry. I merely wish to see how powerful you really are and if any necessary measures need to be taken." He gave a strange smile. My mouth was slightly parched and I could clearly understand what he meant. He wanted to see if my powers were a threat to him and if he needed to put some binding spells or something to keep me at bay. "B-but...." "I insist." My heart nearly stopped and I felt my lungs being crushed as I felt him raise his reiatsu. It was thick, heavy and suffocating and I didn't have the courage to say anything but yes.

He lowered his reiatsu and I was left breathing sort of heavily. "I do believe you don't have any other objections?" I took a deep breath and nodded slightly. "Alright....but, can I wear my normal clothes? I find it a little difficult to move around in this dress." I looked at him and he nodded with a smile. "Very well. Ulquiorra."

Ulquiorra, who I was sure was standing beyond the bars listening to our whole conversation, walked in. Aizen san told him to get me my clothes and he left. The outfit or uniform I had been given was kind of like a gown so it was difficult to move around in. Actually, it felt more like a wedding dress and it was awfully embarrassing especially when Aizen san had complimented me that it looked good on me.

Ulquiorra returned a few minutes later with my old clothes. Once I had changed into my jeans shorts and t-shirt, I followed Ulquiorra to the room I had been to two days ago. It was the same room with the huge balcony and the place where Aizen san had shown me the Hougyoku.

I felt awkward when I entered though. Besides Aizen san, Ichimaru san and Tousen san, I think most of the Arrancar that served him were there. When I entered, all of them looked at me and I received several glares, particularly from the girls there.

I also received glares from Nnoitra. He was still pretty pissed by the attitude I had shown him a couple of days back, I guess. If Ulquiorra hadn’t stopped him that day, we would have really ended up fighting there. Besides, even Grimmjow was watching me with an annoyed expression. I honestly don’t know what I had done to him for him to give me that look. In fact, he should look thankful. I had healed his arm and he had got back his position as the 6th Espada.

Putting all that aside, I smiled awkwardly and walked to Aizen san with Ulquiorra. We actually stopped in the middle of the room and Aizen san walked to the side opposite to me with a few feet distance between us. I watched him curiously and he drew his sword. He held it out with one hand and watched me with a sharp stare.

"Come at me. Lets see how well you fight." Ulquiorra walked away and stood with the other Arrancar. I looked around and everyone was watching me expectedly. Okay, this felt really weird. Glares, amused and annoyed stares that I was receiving from everyone made the room seem really stuffy. Aizen san was waiting patiently for me to attack him and he too was watching me expectantly.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I summoned my Zanpakuto and held it with both hands in front of me. I took up a fighting stance but I wasn't firm. I was still hesitating and I heard several comments and chuckles in amusement from our spectators. They were talking about me and making fun of my hesitance. Of course, they were also saying that there was no way I could even put a scratch against Aizen san.