Chapter 35 - Hougyoku

Sana pov:

It was beautiful…..the feeling of being in love and being close to the person you love. I felt content being held this way by Sousuke. I opened my eyes and lifted my hands to place them on his arms gently.

The dress that Sousuke had given me to wear in Hueco Mundo, exposed by shoulders and back slightly. Feeling his warm smooth skin against mine was really nice. And even better, I was really happy to see that the bracelet I had given him was still on his right wrist. He hadn't taken it off. I touched it with a smile and held his arms again.

I could feel his hair tickling my ear and neck and I could feel his warm breaths on my exposed shoulder and collar bone. I loved him....I loved everything about him and I just couldn't get enough. I know it sounds really cheesy, but since I was insecure, I wanted to get more reassurance from him.

"Sousuke?" I said his name barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "Now that the Hougyoku is complete, what are you going to do next?" I asked as I traced my finger softly on his arm. I was looking at the ground, a little uncertain to hear his answer. "I have already put the Hougyoku inside my body. All I have to do is wait for a few days for my body to resonate in sync with it and then I will use your reiatsu to create the King's Key." I blinked and made him let go of me as I turned around. The Hougyoku was already in his body?

Thankfully, he was still wearing his pants but when I looked at his chest, I could see the Hougyoku in his chest. Forgetting my embarrassment momentarily, I reached out and touched the Hougyoku in his chest. When I realized what I was doing, I blushed deeply and retracted my hand. I looked away from his shirtless chest and squirmed awkwardly. "S-sorry...." "You seem to apologize too much, Sana." He took my hand and placed it on his bare chest above his heart. I could feel it thudding and my hand tingled at the contact.

I looked up with wide eyes and my blush still in place and he was smiling. He seemed to find my embarrassment extremely funny and he wasn't going to stop teasing me anytime soon with it, was he?

But he brought me to his chest, increasing my heart rate and he kissed me. I was surprised as he suddenly did that but I relaxed and wrapped my arms around his neck responding to the kiss. I was standing on my toes since he wasn't bending this time to reach my height. I tightened my fist in his hair as he licked my bottom lip. I parted my lips, but instead of deepening the kiss, he parted and went to treat my neck with gentle kisses instead. I took in a sharp breath and snapped my eyes open at the sudden gesture.

He stopped at one part of my neck though and stayed there for a few moments. He pulled away and smiled at me. I was in a daze and I gave a dazed smile to him. I shook my head, getting myself back to normal and I looked down at something that seemed to be poking my waist. I saw his sword and I stepped away from him.

I looked at him curiously. “Sousuke? That’s your Zanpakuto, right?” I asked and he chuckled. “Yes. Why do you sound surprised?” He commented and I shook my head. “I’m not really surprised, but I’ve never seen you use it before. How come?” “Would you like to?” I blinked, surprised at his question. But I guess it would be pretty cool to see his Zanpakuto…..although, he didn’t answer my question as to why he’s never used it before.

I mean, he’s always threatened the Arrancar and Espada with his reiatsu alone. He’s never drawn his sword before as far as I remember. His reiatsu was really strong but would that alone be enough to threaten a bunch of Espada so strong? If the Espada joined up together, wouldn’t it be difficult for Sousuke to take them on? Oh well, I guess he knows what he’s doing so I don’t really have to worry about that, do I?

I nodded with a smile to him. “Yeah, I’d like to see that.” “I remember hearing from Ulquiorra that you know sword fighting….authentic sword fighting, I mean.” Well, I had visited my swords master when I had gone back to the human world and since Ulquiorra told Sousuke everything, it was pretty obvious he would know. “Yeah, I’ve been learning it since I was 7 years old, actually.”