Chapter 52 - Double Trouble

Sana pov:

It took us just a few minutes to get home. The door was unlocked so I let myself and Sousuke in.

"Hotaru?" I called out, pulling Sousuke behind me. The minute I called her, I heard multiple footsteps rushing to the entrance of the house. I jumped slightly when both my parents and Hotaru came to a screeching halt in front of me.

"Sana!" "Sana dear! Oh I was so worried!" I was practically squished in a hug from both my father and mother simultaneously. "K-ka s-san ....t-tou san....ca-cant breath-the...." They pulled away letting me take in the much needed air into my lungs. I coughed and squirmed as my mother caressed my head and kissed me multiple times.

"Oh Sana! We were so worried! You left your phone at home and we couldn't contact you at all! Where had you been since the past three days?!" She asked worried. "And....oh, who is this dear?" She finally noticed Sousuke standing behind me. He didn't look too happy about the fuss my parents were making and he was watching the whole scene skeptically. But wait.....how was it that my parents could see him? He's a shinigami! They shouldn't be able to see him....

I looked at Sousuke curiously but I decided to ask him about that point later. "Oh, ka san, tou san, this is Aizen Sousuke. He's the one who helped me escape from the kidnappers. He's....he's also my boyfriend." I mumbled out the last part hesitantly. Well, I had to lie about Kageroza being a kidnapper and I wanted to keep as much crazy information hidden so that my parents wouldn't freak out.

"Kidnappers?! And...b-boyfriend?!!" Oh dear....my father didn't seem to be taking this very well. He looked totally shocked. But my mother.....that's another thing.

"Boyfriend!! My sweetheart finally has a boyfriend!!! Oh and a very handsome one at that too!" My mother squealed and I just smiled awkwardly as she scurried in front of Sousuke to get a better look at him. Sousuke still had a rather stern look on his face making my nervousness increase by the second. "Oh dear!! You are a fine young man! I do hope you're taking good care of my daughter!" She winked at him making my eyebrow twitch.

My father was still lost in shock and Sousuke glanced at me. I gave him a slightly pleading look trying to make him just put up with the situation for the time being. He looked back at my mother and gave one of his signature smiles that always made me melt.....and it did a good job at making my mother melt too.

"Of course. I love Sana very much and she is very important to me." I blushed at his words; in fact, my mother blushed too and got a dreamy look in her eyes. "Oh my.....What a handsome young man! Quite a sight for sore eyes! I haven't seen such fine men like you since I married my husband. He was quite handsome too so you know where Sana gets her good looks from. But I have to say, my daughter got herself an even more handsome man than her own father!"

I sweatdropped, my eyebrow twitching more. My mom sure was making the situation really really awkward for me!

"Ka san!!" I hissed out slightly, still slightly red in the face. She just giggled and hushed me with her hand. "Now dear, it's the first time my daughter has made us meet, which is very rude." She spared me a harsh scolding look as she adjusted Sousuke's haori. I was worried about what he would say when she did that but he maintained his amused smile. "Why don't you have a tour around the house and we'll have dinner together? Oh....and how come you're in these clothes? I should have Sana get you a nice suit!"

"Ka san, he practices martial arts. He's very good a sword fighting." I covered up smoothly. Hey, it wasn't a complete lie.

"Wow! That's really nice! Well then, I guess we can expect a performance layer?" She winked again; I wanted to facepalm. But she just grinned and patted Sousuke's arm once before turning to me again. "Sana, show him around the house, okay?" She shooed me off and I was left standing confused as she disappeared with father and Hotaru into the house. I pouted with a slight frown. "That's weird....." But I just shrugged, pulling Sousuke behind me up to my room.