Chapter 28 - Return to Hueco Mundo

Ulquiorra pov:

"So what do you want to eat, Natsume?" I silently watched them as Sana pampered the child; something I had seen quite a bit in my time here in the human world.

Her behavior now was very different from the times I had seen before, in Hueco Mundo and here. She was smiling and laughing. She had never done so honestly in Aizen sama's presence. Did she not respect Aizen sama? Even when Aizen sama had been merciful towards her, she never seemed to react this way. Besides, Aizen sama had kissed her. It was a physical action that I did not understand but it was considered as an expression that had to be returned with honest appreciation…..or so I had heard.

I had seen many humans do it, yet I found no reason or meaning behind it. But Aizen sama had done so to Sana. What was he intending and why was her reaction a change of the color in her face? I do not understand. Perhaps it was a way of making her submissive?

I suppose it did not matter. Whatever Aizen sama did, I would follow him loyally. We Arrancar had always desired a strong leader, someone we could look up to, someone we could follow, someone who was intelligent and had power beyond what we could control. And with the Hougyoku being fueled by this human's reiatsu, Aizen sama would reach a new level never reached by anyone before. And as his army, we would strive to make sure everyone followed his powerful rule once he took the place of God. Even if it meant keeping this weak human absolutely safe.

"You're spilling it, Natsume." Sana laughed and reached out to wipe off some of the human food that had stuck to the child's chin. She was much calmer here and I wasn’t happy that she didn’t show the same façade in front of Aizen sama. I wasn’t happy that she disrespected him so easily.

"Nee chan! Who's that person?" The child pointed to me and I narrowed my eyes. I was no longer required to hide my reiastu so any human who had a sensible reiatsu could see me. This human child had enough reiatsu to see me, I suppose. Sana laughed and wiped his chin more. "He's a friend of mine. His name is Ulquiorra." "Uquorra? Why does he have a funny name like that? And why is he wearing a funny helmet?" I narrowed my eyes further at his questions. Funny? What was it he found funny? And he hadn’t even said my name correctly.

"Ulquiorra is a name from a different country. And he likes to cosplay." Sana answered and I didn't understand what she meant. "Wow! That's so cool! I want to cosplay too!" He got down from the chair he was sitting on and ran away from her. Sana just shook her head with a smile and began to clean up the table. "Hotaru, can you take care of the dishes please?" Her maid walked in and bowed as she left the kitchen and I followed. When she reached her room, the child was standing on her bed, a sheet tied around his neck and his fist pointing at us. "I'm superman!!"

Sana laughed and walked to him. "Yes yes, you're superman. And superman needs to go to sleep now." "No! I don't wanna!" "Natsume!" He ran out of the room evading Sana and she groaned. She didn’t follow him and I could hear him as he screamed and ran through her house. "I'm too tired for this....." Sana mumbled and walked into the bathroom. She walked out wearing what looked like night clothes and she sat down on her bed. She fell sideways and got under the covers.

A few minutes passed and the child came back to the room. He looked confused seeing Sana asleep and he too climbed onto the bed and fell over her on her middle. Sana let out a grunt at the sudden weight that fell on her and she opened her eyes. "Natsume, are you trying to make me into squash pancake?" "Nee chan! You're not playing with me!" Sana sighed again and closed her eyes. The child moved off her and she turned to him. The child was pouting and Sana chuckled.

"Nee chan is tired today, Natsume. But if you promise to go to sleep now, I'll tell you a story. How does that sound?" She asked patting the child's head. The child gave a look of excitement and got under the covers, snuggling next to Sana. "Will you really tell me a story?!" Sana chuckled again and nodded. "Yes, now here goes. Once upon a time, in a far away land, there lived a poor boy named Jack. He lived with his mother and their pet cow. But they were very poor and didn't have anything to eat, so Jack's mother sent him to get food by selling the cow in the market."