Epilogue

Paxton

8 years later

"Aaron Greyson Neil, do you take Elizabeth to be your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health for as long as you both shall live?

"I do."

"Elizabeth Belle Larsen, do you take Greyson to be your lawfully wedded husband, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health for as long as you both shall live?

"I do."

"I still can't fucking believe this," I mutter under my breath. I couldn't believe it when they announced they were dating. I couldn't believe it when they announced they were expecting their first child. I couldn't believe it when they announced they were engaged.

We're sitting in a fancy garden in the middle of a ceremony and I still can't believe it.

"Oh hush," Lina whispers and elbows me. "You should be happy for them."

Easy for her to say. I haven't been able to wrap my head around the fact that Elizabeth is finally getting married, let alone the fact that Elizabeth and I are now technically related. The two of them are standing up at the front below an arbor decorated with white roses. They look incredibly happy, smiling from ear to ear, holding onto each other's hands tightly. There's Elizabeth's old, warm smile that I've grown accustomed to seeing again.

Maybe it's not so bad after all.

It's started to sink in by the time the reception has rolled around. Everyone is happily socializing in the large ballroom. The back doors leading out to a large balcony are open, letting in the cool summer night air. I can see mom and dad with their group of friends out there. From what I can make out, it sounds like they're debating over which of them had the best wedding.

All the decorations are incredibly extravagant - as is expected for Elizabeth.

There are ice sculptures, tons of flowers, and even a bouncy house for all of the kids.

"I can't wait till I get married," Abigail gushes, her big blue eyes shimmer under all of the lights.

"Not till you're forty honey," I grunt disapprovingly. It was horrifying enough the first time she even brought home a boy.

Lina chuckles. She knows no guy will ever be good enough for my beloved daughter.

"Hey Pax, Lina! How are my favorite little goddaughters?" Ryan greets us cheerfully after making his way through the crowd, followed by Mitch. I have no idea how Mitch even got himself invited, he barely knows Liz or Aaron. I'm sure he smooth talked his way in. I swear it's that damn accent.

"They're great," Lina smiles, handing Ellie to Ryan. The baby babbles with a wide smile, showing off her bright hazel eyes. She giggles, tugging at Ryan's tie with her little hand. "They're growing up so fast though, they'll be eight months old next month!"

I shake my head, trying to calm down a grumpy Angie, patting her back. The babies are always so much calmer when Lina's holding them. "I can't wait for the day I change the last diaper. Having twins has been nuts," I groan. I can't help but smile at her though, when Angie looks up at me with her big emerald eyes.

Mitch gives me a pat on the back. "Never thought you'd be a family man Pax... four kids," he laughs. "I don't know how you do it mate."

"Neither do I sometimes," I grumble.