33. Hungover

Lina

"That idiot," I grumble as I get into my car and head to Paxton's place. I don't understand why he drank so much the night before dinner with his family. It's nearly 3pm and he still hasn't replied to my texts, I'm sure he's hungover as hell. I woke up to many inappropriate drunk texts and voicemails he left after he got home, at nearly 5am.

Luckily he has a smart lock and gave me the PIN. I enter the numbers and unlock the door. There's no sign of anyone having been awake, all the blinds and curtains are still drawn shut. I head down the hall to his room and I'm hit with a wave of alcohol when I open the door. It smells incredibly strongly of liquor in here. Paxton is sprawled out on the bed, sound asleep.

I pull open the large floor to ceiling curtains, letting the sunlight flood the room, already improving the ambience. "Nooo," I hear him moan weakly and he buries his face into his pillow.

I roll my eyes and sit down next to him. "What were you thinking Pax?"

"Mitch is a pain in the ass sometimes alright, alcohol makes him tolerable, especially last night," he mumbles into his pillow. "I'm sorry about the...uh...things I told him about you." He looks up at me sheepishly. His usual styled hair is sticking up at all sorts of angles. If we were in different circumstances, I'd find it cute.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Do you remember what you told him?"

"Honestly, no not really. On the bright side, maybe that means he doesn't remember either." His chuckle is quickly cut short when he sees the expression on my face. "You look very pretty baby." He gives me his charming smile.

"Nice try, but you owe me for this," I scold him. I do like this dress though, it's a short, dark purple lace dress. I even went through the hassle of curling my hair and putting on extra makeup. "Now get up." I toss a pillow at him.

"My head hurts," he whines, burying his face into his pillow again. "Could you get me some pain relievers? There's probably something in the medicine cabinet."

"Fine." I get up and head to the bathroom. I return with the medicine and a glass of water. I let him lay on my lap as he slowly recuperates. I run my fingers through his thick, chocolate coloured hair, and lightly drag my fingertips across his light stubble. I can't help but smile at the relaxed and happy look on his face. He finally musters up enough strength to shower and get ready. "Before you go, give me Mitchell's number." He looks hesitant, knowing I'm probably going to rip him a new one. "That wasn't a question Paxton."

I see a twinkle of amusement in his sleepy eyes. "Here." He unlocks his phone and passes it to me. I enter the number on my phone as he heads into the bathroom.

L: You piece of shit

M: This is Lina isn't it

L: Wtf did he tell you

M: Oh wouldn't you like to know love

L: I hate you

M: You love me darling

L: Reread my previous message

M: I still meant what I said last night. I've never seen him so crazy about a girl, seriously. Don't let this one get away Lina.

I get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I read his message.

L: You're still an ass, but thanks for telling me that

M: No problem, see you Monday

A little bit later, Paxton comes out of the bathroom with a dark grey towel wrapped around his waist. I can't help but watch the way his perfectly chiseled muscles move as he walks. He gives me the same smirk he always does when he catches me staring. I shrug. "I can't help it."