21. Evil

A/N: Strap yourself in for a doozy this chapter

Lina

"Thank you Peter, that was excellent," Eleanor praises as Peter finishes his audition for the beast. He steps off the stage and takes one of the seats behind us in the auditorium.

We've started preparing for the class's play. The kids who aren't interested in acting have been working on the props and costumes, while Eleanor and I have been running auditions. "Could everyone auditioning for Belle get backstage?" Eleanor calls. Several of the girls head towards the stage.

I look through the list. "Rachel, you're up first," I call. She steps out onto the stage. We run a couple lines, and she chooses 'Something There' as her song to sing.

"That was seriously incredible," I whisper to Eleanor as Rachel steps off the stage.

She smiles and nods, "Her family has a history with Broadway. All her older siblings I've taught over the years have been more or less the same." I had forgotten for a moment how most of the kids at this school come from wealthy backgrounds.

After seven more auditions, we reach the last name on the list. "Abigail, you're next," I call.

We run some lines, and she chooses to sing 'Belle.' Her audition is good, but she definitely doesn't have the same vivacity some of the other girls have.

We head back to the classroom. The kids quietly read while Eleanor and I decide on the roles. Beauty and the Beast definitely has a lot of background roles, twelve kids are just playing silverware.

The lunch bell rings just as we've sorted out all of the roles, and written them down. "I'll post these up, you can go first Eleanor," I smile at her.

The room quickly empties, but Abigail lingers, until it's only us left in the room. She walks up to my desk. "Ms. Neil?" she asks.

"Yes Abigail?"

"Rachel got the part, didn't she?" she asks with a small frown.

"Oh, err, yes she did. I'm sorry Abigail, everyone is talented but there's only one part," I try to comfort her.

Her expression changes into a smirk. "I want the part, and you're going to give it to me."

My eyes widen. "What?"

She narrows her eyes, and lowers her voice to a whisper, "I know you're dating my dad. I'll tell the principal about it if you don't give me the part."

My jaw drops open. I'm speechless.

"Either that, or, just leave my dad alone," she hisses.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded. What is happening? Who is this tiny devil and what has she done with Abigail? "Abigail...I...can't" I stammer.

"You have two options, choose wisely," she shrugs nonchalantly, and picks up her bright pink lunchbox and leaves the room.

What the hell just happened?

-----

I burst into the staff lounge, getting weird looks from a lot of people. I spot Mitchell and quickly run over to him.

"Bloody hell," he jumps a bit at me suddenly grabbing his shoulder, "almost gave me a heart attack there Lina."

"I'm sorry Mitchell," I wheeze, slightly out of breath from the mix of anxiety and running all the way here. "I really need to talk to you."

Normally he'd poke fun at me, but he sees my worried expression and just nods. We go to an empty corner of the lounge and sit down on the sofa. "What's wrong love?" he asks.