II Yes, II aalniyaparu

"Paru..." Dev said in a sing-song voice, and Paru ignored his usual antics. He rested his head on her lap and watched his beloved girlfriend scroll through her Instagram feed. He smiled knowingly, and Paru didn't notice the smile.

"Let's play 100 questions?" Dev suggested this caught Paru's attention.

It was the game that led them to date each other. Paru frowned, thinking over the idea before nodding her agreement. Dev's smile widened when she stowed her phone away into her pocket.

They'd been happily in love for three years now, and Dev thought it was time to attempt taking their relationship to the next level. His hand slid into his pocket, making sure that the little velvet box was safe. It also gave him a token of reassurance.

"What's my favorite color?" Dev smiled and asked. Paru didn't even hesitate before answering.

"Red," She answered nonchalantly.

"Does Virat love Anushka?" Dev casually asked, and Paru raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," Paru wondered what this question was supposed to mean.

"Do I love you?" Dev smiled innocently, and Paru whirled around to face him. She was a bit skeptical about the question.

"Maybe...?" Paru trailed off, unsure what to answer. Dev threw his head back and laughed.

"I do," He grinned unabashedly by Paru's glare.

"Do you love me?" Dev questioned with a smirk, and Paru decided it was time for pay-back.

"No," She crossed her arms stubbornly, "I love you a lot,"

Dev smiled again.

Dev began to ask mundane questions, and Paru zoned out after the

"Do rings exist?"

"Yes,"

"Is the sky blue?"

"Yes,"

"Do you like cricket?"

"Yes,"

"Does that mean you like me since I'm a cricket player?"

"Yes,"

Dev inhaled before launching into his next question.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes--"

"Wait..." Realization dawned on Paru's eyes, she whirled around and saw Dev on one knee, with an open box that revealed a beautiful ring with a diamond in the middle. Her vision blurred as her eyes prickled with tears.

"Yes," She whispered, and all of Dev's doubt vanished the moment the word escaped her lips. He stood up and smashed his lips against hers. He slid the ring onto her finger and interlocked his with hers. They broke apart, breathless and lacking air. Dev decided to use his final question.

"Are you ready to become Mrs.Paddikal?"

"Yes,"

****

Ta Da~ 

How was it?