II Never Have I Ever II angelice_hale

(lol, sorry for the late delivery, I had a major headache)

"So?" Shreyas sighed, trying to break the awkward silence between him and Jenisha.

Jenisha's attention was elsewhere, "So?" she parroted the same meaningless word.

"Seriously!" Shreyas threw his hand up with exasperation, "I'm trying to start a conversation here,"

"Well, what can we talk about?" Jenisha retorted with a certain amount of attitude. "We're at an awkward college reunion,"

"Which is why I'm trying to break the ice," Shreyas slumped, and Jenisha muttered something unintelligible.

"Come on!" Alya, their old friend dragged them away to a place where four people were sitting down around a table.

"We're going to play never have I ever," Alya informed Jenisha and Shreyas, who nodded absently.

"So, basically same Never Have I ever, except you just take a drink if you have." Alya sat down. A guy with a sweatshirt started off the game.

"Never Have I Ever been in a toxic relationship." He raised his glass and took a sip. Jenisha took a sip of her drink, and Shreyas raised an eyebrow.

"You? In a relationship?" He scoffed with a teasing manner, there was an underlying tone of jealousy.

"Never Have I Ever, loved someone but didn't have the guts to tell them," Alya decided to continue the game, and Shreyas took a sip of his drink.

"Seriously? Who's the lucky girl?" Jenisha nudged Shreyas, and Shreyas looked away shyly.

"None of your business," He regained his confidence exterior.

"Never Have I Ever, had a make-out session with someone at a party." Shreyas was carefully watching Jenisha out of the corner of his eye, and Jenisha didn't take a drink. He smiled.

At the end of the game, Jenisha was the only sober one. Just as she was about to leave, a very drunk Shreyas had walked up to her.

"Can I say something?" He tumbled forward, and Jenisha nodded.

"I love you," He slurred, and Jenisha's eyes widened. 

"I really do! I just never have the guts to say it to your face," He hiccuped, and Jenisha tried to console herself by thinking that he was just drunk. He wrapped an arm around her waist and stroked her cheek with his thumb. Pulling her to his chest, he captured her lips. 

Jenisha tried to shove him away, but it didn't exactly work. The over-grown doofus, that was her best friend was much stronger than her. 

// The Next Day //

Shreyas had woken up with a major headache and winced. Rubbing his forehead, he tried to recall what happened last night. No use, his memory was totally wiped. Decided to take a shower in hopes that it might improve his memory, he stood up.

In the shower, a flood of memories came rushing back toward him. 

Including the most embarrassing one, confessing that he liked Jenisha, and kissing her. He literally hurried out of the shower, and dressed, and stumbled around to find his phone. When he found it, he called Jenisha immediately.

"Hey!" Jenisha's smiling face answered the phone. But the smile faded a few seconds after.

"Shreyas," Jenisha smothered her laughter, "You're shirt's on backward."

"And, I'll meet you at the cafe, at 2." Jenisha decided, and Shreyas nodded dumbly.

"As a date," She winked and cut the call, leaving Shreyas grinning like an idiot.

Maybe that college reunion wasn't such a bad idea after all...

***

Sorry for the late order T^T