II Poetry II

Radha's POV

I blew a strand of my hair away from my eyes and rested my head on the counter. The business was slow these days, my eyelids felt droopy. I worked at the flower shop that my mother owned, my mom was currently busy. So I was the only one here.

"Come on, Radha! You have to stay awake!" I tapped my cheeks and was about to doze off once more. But a ring of a bell stopped me.

A customer!

I snapped to attention, straightening my back and plastering a charming smile. The customer was a girl around my age, 20ish.

"Hi, can I order a custom bouquet?" The girl flashed me a fake smile, and I nodded vigorously.

"What type of flowers?" I kept up the smile, even though it hurt my cheeks.

"Uhm... You pick." The girl retorted with a certain amount of attitude, I decided that since this was my first order that I'll be creating by myself, I'll put effort into it.

"What type of person are you giving the flowers to?" I kept my charade.

"A boy," The girl responded shyly, "He's super sweet, and loves cricket."

I nodded and got to work on the bouquet. I decided to create a combination of White Orchids and Gerberas. I grabbed a black card, and a white pen. Tapping the pen on my forehead, trying to find inspiration for the note.

If roses were red and violets could be blue,

I don't how to start this,

Do I say that I love you?

You're Pretty Cute Too

I felt satisfied with the short little poem and handed the bouquet to the girl.

"Could you deliver it?" The girl hesitated, I nodded. She wrote down an address and left. I'd followed her directions, and dropped the bouquet off at an apartment.

The Next Day, the girl came again with an excited expression on her face.

"He liked them!" She smiled gleefully, and I returned the smile. "Could I have another order?"

She passed me the responding note, and I read it.

If all roses were red and violets are blue

I know exactly how to say this,

You're pretty cute too,

I smiled and packed another combination of flowers, writing a different note this time.

When I'm down, you lift me up.

When I'm hurting, you make me well.

My love for you will never stop

I'm forever under your spell.

I delivered this batch as well, and the next day got a response for it.

So quickly I fell for you

I know violets aren't blue

Can I meet you?

I congratulated the girl, whose name was Nisha, and got back to my work. The next day, a very very odd sight waited for me at the store.

I saw a guy, sitting on his bike, waiting for me. His eyes lit up when they landed on me, I frowned.

"Roses are sometimes red,

Violets aren't blue

Hello, there. I finally found you..." He grinned, and my eyes widened with realization.

This was the person I'd been writing notes for. He wasn't supposed to fall for me. Moreover, I realized why he looked familiar, he was famous.

"Shall we?" He gestured to his bike, and I looked down on my clothing. A grey sweatshirt and just some jeans. My long brown hair flowing behind me.

"Dev," He stuck his hand out,

"Radha," I mumbled and brushed past a strand of my hair.

*** (Few Years Later)

"I know that roses aren't red,

I know Violets aren't always blue,

I hope that you love me,

So, will you marry me?" Dev got down on one knee, and Radha gasped. She was shocked but amused.

"I know roses aren't red,

I know Violets aren't always blue

I do love you,

I'll marry you too," Radha's eyes prickled with tears, and Dev slipped a ring onto her finger.

Poetry had become their thing.

They had a connection.

***

How was this?