II Messed Up (Part 2) II pixie_stick93

"You gave me a heart attack when you said that!?!" Aarushi smacked her husband, making him laugh even harder. He doubled over, clutching his sides.

"Then what happened, Amma?" A little boy nudged Aarushi, it was her son, Abhinav.

"Well, your dad proposed to me after giving me a minor panic attack," She lifted Abhinav onto her lap.

⋇⋄⋇⋄⋇

(Back in time, the phone call)

"What do you mean?" Aarushi stuttered, and Washington Sundar laughed.

"I'm saying, will you marry me?" Washee calmed down and decided it was time to ask her the big question.

After all, his family approved.

(When Washington was talking with his family)

"Having a girlfriend is against our morals," His father chided, and Washi was on the verge of insanity. Uncle wasn't making sense to him, he wasn't speaking very clearly.

"What your father is trying to say is, do you want to marry her?" His mother smacked his father with a ladle and smiled. A grin broke out on Washington Sundar's face.

⋇⋄⋇⋄⋇

"Did you say yes, mama?" Abhinav's brown eyes widened, and his sister rolled her eyes.

"Amma and Appa are married remember? So obviously mom said yes." Priya, Aarushi and Washee's eldest daughter, smacked her brother on the head.

"Oh, right." Abhinav grinned cheekily, and a little bundle stirred in Aarushi's hands.

"Look who's awake," Washington whispered and took the squealing bundle from his wife's hands.

"Good Morning, Pavithra." Washee smiled and gently bopped the baby's nose.

"And, happy 10th wedding anniversary." Washee placed a kiss on Aarushi's forehead. A knock came from the door, and Washington opened the door. It was Uncle, or moreover, Aarushi's father-in-law.

"Where's my daughter-in-law?" His mother demanded and rushed past her own son. Leaving Washington wondering if his mother liked Aarushi more than him.

But, when he came inside the living room to see his mother and father playing with his kids. He felt an overwhelming sense of completeness.