Chapter 6

Samridhi

In college

I come and sit on my seat next to Tia. Who is busy collecting papers which are all over the table.

" Hi" no reply. Is she ignoring me no why would she? I didn't do anything which made her upset oh I remember I have not come to college for days and I Forgot to inform her.

"I'm sorry Tia" she interrupted me.

" Why are you sorry for?" arranging the papers.

" That I forget to inform you that I am not coming to college"

" You also not came "

Now look at this what kind of friend I have here I'm feeling guilty because I thought she came to college alone but here she like ' oh you also not came to college'.

" Why did you not come? "

" Because I was busy making this .." she interrupted by mam.

" Good morning class now come to me in proper line and summit your project" as she sits in her chair.

" What project she is talking about " Tia look at me shockingly.

"You forgot again," she asked.

" What should I do now?"

"Now pray to God what else you can do," she said.

" Ohh shit I forgot about that stupid project" suddenly I hear a voice.

" Looks like your not alone " and we both turned and found it was Tanya's voice.

Almost after everyone submitted the project. Mam announced our name.

" Samridhi, Tanya where are your projects," mam asked us.

" Mam actually...." Tanya started but mam interrupted her said.

" You what forgot to bring it with you"

" Yes, mam. I am sorry" Tanya said.

" Ohh shut up I know this is all your excuses both of coming with me to the principal office now" she shouted at us.

" No no mam I'm sorry and this won't happen again but please give us the time we will make it and submit it to you "I request to her.

" Yes yes, mam please " Tanya also said.

" Ok but both have to make 2 projects now and in the group you and Tanya " what no no no not with Tanya anyone but not her hell I will make 4 projects alone but not with her.

" Is that ok "

" Yes, mam," both of us said.

In canteen

" So how will you manage to work with Tanya, " Tia asked while eating her sandwich.

" I don't know "

" You know if there is in the boy in your place he will be jumping with happiness, not anyone gets this chance" I frowned.

"Do I look like a boy to you?" I asked her.

" No, but you don't have an interest in boys that why you don't have a boyfriend too," she said.

" Who said I have no interest in boys and about the boyfriend you know it I live in a middle-class family if they come to know I have a guy friend they will just lock me in my room and get me married as soon as possible," I said.

" Come to my home this my address, " Tanya said giving me a chit.

" Why would I come to your home," I  asked her.

" Then where the in the hell we should complete our project," she asked.

" In college simple," I said to her.

" Oh ok so after class "

"Yup"

"  Maybe she is not that bad, " Tia said as she walks away from our table.

"What made you say that?"

" Our whole college guys are behind her but she never gives attention to anyone she doesn't play with other feelings. she never bullies someone nor talks back to teachers," Tia said.

" Ya but then why most of our college students don't talk to her," I asked.

" Maybe they were jealous of her, after all, she most beautiful girl in our college," she said dramatically.

"Ya sure," I said to her. But she is really beautiful but I won't say it out loud.

After classes

There is me and Tanya both sitting and discussing the project for more than one hour. The sky turned dark outside and I'm getting so bored. Idea! let's talk to Tanya but how I start a conversation with her?

" Uhmm Tanya what your favorite color?" she looked at me surprised. Then she answers.

" Light green "

"Oh nice favorite food "

" Anything"

" Favourite place?"

"One minute why are asking me questions," she said.

" Because I'm trying to have a conversation with you," I said.

" And why is that? "

" Because I can't have a conversation with walls " duh.

" But most of our college girls don't try to have a conversation with me so why are you," she asked.

" I want to "

" So you are talking to me because you want," she asked surprisingly.

"Yes"

" You don't want anything" why would I want anything.

" I'm not getting what is trying to say," I asked Tanya.

" Ok so get it straight most people talk to me and become my friends because they want something from me they all have wants. So now tell me what you want" she asked getting irritated.

" I don't want anything," I said to her calmly.

"Is it true?"

"Yes in fact now I want to be your friend" she looks at me shockingly.

" Why?"

" Because Tia was right you are not what you show to others. You are rude to them because they are rude to you which is right"

" So friends," I asked holding my hand to her.

" Friends"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So how was it

If you like it don't forget to vote comment and share

Thank you