Chapter Twenty Two

Athanese pov

I am currently a third year at high school and no matter how much I begged my parents , they won't let me pursue my dream just because they thought I won't earn enough from it.

My sister works in the music industry and she is earning a huge amount of money despite being a teenager and I also want to pursue music as my career but .... They don't believe in me that I would do well .

No matter how much I tried to prove them I could make it out in the music industry , they won't even give a thought about me. What is it that I lack , just what do I lack ?

Tell me what I am bad at and I will improve it even if it takes me my life time but there is no one who even knows me to tell me about my short comings.

It was already dark , the sky had a beautiful shade of yellow , orange and red mixed together. I went to a more isolated part of the park and sat down on the bench. Everything around me was beautiful , from the sky to rocks beside me . I wonder if anyone would appreciate me like I do to others ?

What would I do if nobody does ?

Suddenly a old man came and sat beside me . He coughed a little and looked at me. He smiled kindly and asked

" Hoho , having a bad day young man ?"

I didn't want to speak so I just nodded my head and turned by attention back to the sky that was now turning darker as the time passes

" Not much of a talker , huh ? "

He said as he laughed heartily. I looked at him out of curiosity and he began to speak while looking at me

" I don't know what you are going through but know this young man , this is coming from a silly old man who has lived more than enough "

He said as he smiled and continued

" Life just throws around whatever it wants to you , be it a good thing or a bad thing . Life will throw bad things more in comparison to good. But a wise person can turn even a bad situation into a good one.

I am not one of those wise old man , I am just a old man who has lived many years so I am speaking with my experience young man

Learn how to accept any thing thrown at you by life be it nice or bad and if it's bad situation solve it and turn it into a good one and if you are experiencing something good , treasure it

Just face your problems and don't turn your back at it because Life is a bitch to me , life is a bitch to you and life is a bitch to everyone "

The old man started laughing proudly after finishing his short little motivational speech.

From the looks of how he is speaking he has probably learnt how to solvea bad situation into good .... But will I also be able to face my problems head on and confront them.

No...

No... Because I am a coward. I am afraid of what would happen if the result is bad , I don't think there will even be a single good thing in my life..
.
.
.

* gasp *
.
.
.
.

Was that a dream ?

I didn't think I would ever dream about my past life. I took a deep breath and slowly climbed out of my bed and opened the window's curtain while feeling slight headache. I rubbed my forehead gently as I raised my head to take a view of outside.

I looked outside and noticed I woke up early than I intended to and the sun was now rising beautifully. I sat down on a couch nearby the window after opening the windows to let the fresh air come in.