Chapter Thirty Seven

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Third person pov

Faraway from the Obelian Empire's capital city , on the countryside there lived a beautiful girl who had already turned into a full fledged woman. Her name was Rose Robane . She was once a diligent and respected knight of the First Prince Athanese De Alger Obelia.

" Rose !! It's time for lunch ! "

Her mother , Lucy called her daughter who was helping her father in their shop. Her daughter was once a knight and now a strong woman which made her very proud . When she returned home , she brought quite a hefty sum of money with her.

The family didn't question where the money they got from since she was the personal knight of the prince . As for why their family wasn't considered a proper nobility was because Lucy was a orphan and didn't even have a surname.

When their father Charles Robane announced his marriage with her , the nobles were very against that decision. Some nobles even tried to bribe Charles to cancel their marriage or else he would get demoted in social ranking but for Charles his love for Lucy was more important than social ranking and thus , he ended up marrying her anyway.

After their marriage , they went to countryside to settle down since both of them didn't want to have anymore connection with the greedy nobles in the capital . They lived peacefully and had three children. Both Charles and Lucy are very happy with their children. The two of them had three children. The eldest one being Rose , the middle child's name was Kyle and he was twelve years old. The youngest only being five years old and her name was Nora . They were happy normal family with no conflict and drama in their daily life.

From Rose's memories , Athanese seemed so fragile and delicate yet beautiful to her. Seeing him everyday was a blessing for her but seeing how he was dying slowly from the illness was something she didn't want to happen. She always consented the Emperor for not giving him proper care and a name.

But a miracle happened for both of them , Fortunately with the help of the Emperor the Prince could get the necessity he needed for his age. After the Prince and his family started forming bonds , Rose was more than happy whenever she saw Athanese spend time with his family .

After seeing his happiness , she dedicated herself to her training just so she can protect the Prince but because of one person's vile intent she was manipulated and had her memory changed according to that person's decision.

As the days passed by with her family , she grew happily with her siblings. She enjoyed her time with her family but she misses the person she served. She missed how easily he could brightened up her day with a single word and a smile.

Rose was hesitant to write a letter to Athanese since whenever she tried to write , she couldn't bring up the right words to use. Her emotions were too much for one letter. It had only been few months since she left and the talk of Prince Athanese taking care of court matters and providing a new functional concept for the Empire at such a young age made her feel a surge of proudness and also sadness because she wished for Athanese to have a proper playful childhood.

As the years passed by , it was already time for the Prince and Princess's debutante day. The news of debutante were being gossiped around the empire and Rose could only smile at how much he had accomplished since she had left the palace .

She was already nineteen when the debutante day came. Of course her and her family were invited for the ball since despite having a middle class family's earning they were still from the nobility but Rose couldn't bring herself to face Athanese that time and respecting her decision her family also decided not to go to the debutante.