Chapter Twenty Seven

Third person pov

* cough *
* cough *

Athanese coughed as he hurriedly closed the bathroom's door behind him and walked as fastly as he could towards the sink. He coughed again and blood came pouring out of his mouth while traveling down his chin.

He coughed again and this time he coughed up a lump of blood. Athanese stood there for a few seconds processing what is happening to him over and over in his head while trying not to shout in pain and frustration.

' it hurts. It feels like there are needles inside my throat '

Athanese thought as he gently caressed and massaged his neck while trying to cough out the remaining blood.He didn't like how his throat was giving him a hard time so he used his magic to heal it but unfortunately he was only able to minimize the pain.

' something like this never happened before . I experienced often nose bleed and headaches but I never coughed blood this much  '

Athanese thought as he frowned and rinsed his mouth to wash away the taste of blood and took deep breaths to calm himself.

' *sigh* no matter what I do , my existence is not needed in this world ... I feel totally useless. I couldn't prevent father from losing his memories . I couldn't even be of any help to Athanasia and Lucas .... why am I even alive ? '

Athanese thought as he sighed and washed his face while trying to ignore the pain in his throat.

After a few minutes of cleaning , he looked at his clothes and sighed when he noticed his clothes were wet. Athanese quickly dried his face and clothes with magic and sighed again at himself.

' all I can do is help athy and father right now ....

I tried , I tried but it seems like my efforts were not enough. That was the best I could do and

I failed . I really tried this time and still I failed '

Athanese thought as he looked at the ceiling and tried to encourage himself while taking deep breaths and trying his best not to cry.

' no

No

Don't think like that Athanese !

You are needed . You can still be of help to others . You are still useful

Right ? '

Athanese thought as he sighed and walked outside the bathroom and flinched from shock when he saw Athanasia and lucas who just appeared out of nowhere in front of him.

" Phew . You scared the hell out of me"

Athanese whispered as he sighed in relief when he noticed they were none other than Athy and lucas.

" So .... What brings you here Athy and Lucas ? "

Athanese asked as he smiled while ignoring the pain in his throat. Athanese's smile was normal and just like always nobody would be able to see through the pain hidden by his perfect smile.

" Oh we are here to talk about Father's condition "

Athanasia replied as she sat down on the couch.

" Oh is that so "

Athanese said as he walked towards his working desk and sat down on his comfy chair .

" Simply put , your dad used black magic "

Lucas said as he sat down and sighed feeling tired

" Why would he do that ? "