Chapter Fourty Nine

" Your life can never fall apart if you never had it together in the first place ..."

Third person pov

Athanese was having trouble with all the work , he was always busy with his own work and adding half of the Emperial works just made his mood worse.

He knew Athanasia was also having trouble with her work as she had to practice her magic while completing the duties so he decided to take the majority of work upon himself.

In order to complete a day's work , he didn't allow himself to sleep . He didn't want to disappoint anyone and wanted to help others. It was already middle night and Athanese finally finished his work.

He stretched his joints feeling satisfaction as he eyed the pile of paper on his desk. He laid his head down on the desk and decided to take a short nap. Suddenly someone knocked his door , Athanese felt irritated but opened his door.

Felix was standing infront of him with a panicked expression plastered on his face.

" I'm sorry for disturbing you but Please take a look at this letter "

Felix said feeling guilt for disturbing Athanese's rest time. Athanese gently took the letter from Felix's hand and read the letter.

" I see.... Let's go Felix ... "

Athanese said and pulled out his cloak out of thin air.

" But... What if it's all a trap ? "

Felix asked worriedly

" No , I recognize Kiel's handwriting and ......

I trust him "

Athanese said and started walking towards the said location with Felix.

After a while , they arrived at the location where Ijikiel had requested to meet . Ijikiel felt a wave of happiness and relief when he saw Athanese.

' ... He came here.... Even after what my father did .... He didn't lose his trust in me '

Ijikiel thought his eyes slightly tearing up at the sight of Athanese. When Athanese's eyes landed on Ijikiel , he quickly walked near him and hugged him tightly.

" ... Kiel "

Athanese murmured feeling a wave of comfort and relief . Ijikiel quickly hugged Athanese back .

Meanwhile Felix just stood a few meters away watching Athanese and Ijikiel hug each other feeling like a third wheel.

' I knew young master of House Alpheus had some feeling for the prince then he must have no connection with what happened in the proxy meeting '

Felix thought. Ijikiel and Athanese broke away from the hug and looked at each other feeling a sense of comfort with each other.

" I am sorry for calling both of you so suddenly "

Ijikiel apologized.

" It's okay Kiel , What is it that you wanted to say to me ? "

Athanese asked curiously

" My father.... The duke seems a little bit .... strange. Anyone who knows him could tell .... It was very strange when he did that to the Royal family "

Ijikiel elaborated with his head low as he felt guilt for what his father did to the Royal family and ......to Athanese.

' poor Kiel ... '

Athanese thought feeling bad about his situation

" The duke behaves strangely .... His habits have also changed drastically....
It seems a bit strange to me .