FORTY FIVE

"YOU'RE ASKING TO SEARCH MY HOUSE?" Harry questioned, raising his eyebrow at Kelly and Kyla who stood at his front porch.

Kyla looked at him, "Well, I wasn't asking you, I was telling you. We need to search your house for possible clues on how we got here."

"What clues? Why my house?"

Kelly glanced at Kyla and turned back to Harry, "Your mother was in the office that day with that Pfeiffer man."

"Who's Pfeiffer?"

"The jackass that brought us here," Kyla informed, "Now let us in, Harry, I know you're against us searching your 'rich mansion' but we need to find out why and how we got here. We're not putting any blame on you or anything, everyone whose parents' were in the office that day are getting searched as well."

Harry rolled his eyes at Kyla's air quotes on 'rich mansion' but moved to the side. "Make it quick."

The two girls nodded and entered the messy house. Harry watched in silence as the two girls who were once important to him looked around his house.

After twenty minutes of searching, Kelly finally found a box with a lock on it in Harry's parents' room. She brought it downstairs to show Kyla who was eyeing the family photos on the walls.

Kyla turned around once her name was called and saw Kelly approaching her with a brown box in her hand. It caught her attention and she moved forward to reach for it but then a hand swiped it from Kelly's hands.

Kyla snapped her head to look at Harry who seemed protective over the box. She furrowed her eyebrows, "What are you hiding, Harry?"

He shook his head, "Nothing, this is just valuable to my mother."

"What's in it?" Kelly asked.

He shook his head, "Her stuff that you're not allowed to touch."

Kyla crossed her arms, "Well now you sound suspicious. Either you tell us what's in the box and show us or we will forcibly take that away from you."

Harry clenched his jaw, "I'd like to see you try."

Kyla tilted her head, "You really want to?"

Harry returned her challenging stare. "What are you waiting for, Ky?"

Kelly cleared her throat and stepped in between the two, looking at Harry. "Come on Harry, we need to find any clues on how we got here."

"Yeah but this box won't give you any."

"What's in the box then?" Kelly questioned, eyeing the box that Harry held tightly in his hands.

Kyla shook her head, "Obviously shit that could ruin his mother's reputation," she began to roll up her sleeves, "Hand over the box, Harry."

He eyed her arms and raised an eyebrow, "Or what? You'll physically fight me? You know I can overpower you, Kyla, I've always been stronger."

Kyla pursed her lips, "I can't argue with that, but I'll just call Grizz down so he can beat the shit out of you."

Harry frowned, "You're gonna get Grizz to beat me up over this box?"

Kyla nodded, "Yep, because whatever's in that box could be important and it could be our way out."

Kelly felt the tension between the two and quickly spoke, looking at Harry. "We just need to see what's in the box. If it's something that's not important then we'll instantly leave it alone."

Harry shook his head, making Kyla eye him.

"I'm right, whatever is in that box can not only damage his mom's reputation, but his too. Harry, hand over the damn box."