THIRTY SEVEN

"YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL US WHY YOU ARRESTED ELLE?" Kyla stood in Allie's kitchen with her arms crossed. Even though the Pentagon were kind of separated at the moment, they still gathered up to talk to Allie.

Miles was leaning against the counter sink, Xavier was standing with his hands in his pockets, and Valerie was sitting on the counter.

Allie kept quiet, staring at the ground. The Pentagon had came in after Gordie stated that Lexie may win the election.

"Don't give us the silent treatment," Valerie furrowed her eyebrows, "What? Our leader isn't here so you won't say shit?"

"She didn't even tell our leader," Xavier muttered.

Kyla narrowed her eyes and looked at Xavier, "Why are you here? Playing spy for your goons?"

Xavier rolled his eyes, "I'm still apart of the Pentagon."

Kyla scoffed. Will looked at the two cautiously. He was very well aware of the recent tension in the Pentagon. He was the one that told Allie to keep some stuff from the group, as they were not in their best shape. That was why they were not informed of Elle's arrest.

"Are you gonna tell us why you arrested her or are you gonna stand there and look out the window like a sad widow?!" Valerie snapped, "Where is she? Let me see her."

"I cannot tell you why or let you see her but she is safe and fine." Allie said, looking at Valerie who had hopped of the counter.

"That's bullshit!"

Miles frowned, "You can't even tell us? You know you can trust us, Allie."

"Yeah, we've been by your side since the beginning and now you're suddenly questioning our loyalty to you?" Kyla furrowed her eyebrows.

"We don't know who's loyal anymore," Will stated, glancing at Xavier.

"You should already know that we're loyal."

"You're not actually loyal to me, you're loyal to Charlotte." Allie mumbled.

Valerie shrugged her shoulders, "And? It's literally the same thing."

"It's really not," Will pointed out, making Valerie send him a side eye.

"No one's talking to you, the Weeknd."

Will clenched his jaw as Xavier slapped a hand over his mouth, to prevent his laughter. He cleared his throat when he realized it wasn't the right time to be laughing.

"How come you didn't tell Char?" Miles remembered.

"She was already busy with the expedition, there was no point if she's not going to be here."

"Why didn't you tell us though? I know Char's not here but we're the Pentagon, we deserved to know." Kyla furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nobody was to know, I didn't want to—" Allie paused, "I wasn't sure if you guys—"

Xavier sighed, "By the way you can't come up with an excuse, just say you don't trust us and go."

When Allie kept quiet, Valerie scoffed loudly. "Wow, we've stuck by your side all this time and you still don't trust us? Are you serious?"

"It was to keep Elle safe—"

"If anything, we'd be best to keep her safe," Xavier pointed out, "You're protecting her from Campbell right?"

Miles frowned, "You should know that we're able to go against Campbell, you should've told us. Communication is key, Allie, and keeping things from us is what will break our trust."