SIX

"KEEPING TRACK OF THE FOOD IS A SMART IDEA." Charlotte agreed after Cassandra explained the plans to her. Even though Charlotte wasn't there to help and discuss, Cassandra thought it was best to inform her on everything. If there was one person that Cassandra trusted with this information and relied on for help, it was Charlotte.

"But people won't like it," Valerie sighed in disappointment, "Some of these assholes are selfish, like Harry."

Cassandra nodded, "I know, which is why if anyone finds out then nobody will say it's my idea. Please don't tell anyone."

Miles nodded, "Of course we won't. Do you need us to help and count food?"

Gordie shook his head with a smile, "I think Will and Allie got it covered."

Charlotte nodded and stood from her seat at the island. "Well, we're gonna walk around and see what's everyone up to. If you guys need any help, the Pentagon is here."

Cassandra nodded and smiled.

"I'm gonna be a fugitive this time," Xavier announced as Harry glanced over at him.

"How come? Don't you like to drive the cars man?"

Xavier nodded, "Yeah but I wanna do some running. See how fast I am."

"Bitch, we all know you're fast, no need to brag." Kyla playfully rolled her eyes as the group of friends laughed.

Harry looked at Charlotte with a smirk, "What about you? What do you feel like playing as today?"

Even though they have their heated moments and disagreements — on a lot of things —they were still friends either way.

Charlotte shrugged, "Maybe cop. I feel like tackling someone tonight."

Harry broke out into a grin and nodded, as Miles came over to the group with a soft smile. "I think I'm gonna sit this game out this time."

"Yeah?" Valerie asked as Miles nodded.

"I'll come to the party after, but I just don't feel like playing tonight."

Kyla glanced around and nodded to a certain direction, "Maybe you can meet up with Becca that way. She should be coming home from the town hall today."

"Becca?" Miles questioned confused, making Xavier snort and nudge Miles.

"Who is Becca close with?" Xavier questioned with a knowing tone.

Realization hit Miles and he shook his head.

"Oh hell no,"

Charlotte laughed, "You're going to have to talk to him someday."

"Yeah but not today."

Valerie giggled, "Just go walk that way and pretend to bump into them."

"But—"

"Go!" Valerie laughed as she lightly shoved Miles. After a few more minutes of encouraging and pushing, Miles began to walk toward their direction. Not before flipping his friends the nice bird, making them laugh.

"Okay, the game is starting," Harry announced, grabbing everyone's attention. "We'll divide us into half. Half is the fugitives, and you know who you are, and the other half is cops."

Charlotte continued to sit on the hood of the cop car that Clark took. She didn't bother to listen to Harry, since she already knew the rules. She glanced around and saw Grizz standing around with his hands in his pockets. He caught her gaze and smiled before walking over to her.