SEVEN

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, GWEN."

Charlotte's eyebrows raised in amusement when Kelly shut Gwen up. She glanced over at Kyla and Valerie and the three girls held back their snorts.

Charlotte watched Gwen who was clearly annoyed that Kelly shut her up. Charlotte knew Gwen. She was Clark's girlfriend, and even though Clark was Charlotte's close friend, Charlotte did not like Gwen. Well, she didn't mind Gwen, she actually liked the girl at times, but Charlotte didn't like Gwen with Clark. She could tell that Gwen didn't truly like Clark, and it annoyed her, because Clark was a very close friend of hers.

The next day came by and to say that Helena was disappointed with the ugly bruise that was starting to appear on Charlotte's cheek would be an understatement. Charlotte knew Helena didn't like her fighting and now she had a bruise on her cheek that would last for a week. If looks could kill then Charlotte would have been dead.

Out of the Pentagon, Cassandra had only contacted Charlotte, Valerie, and Kyla that morning, so they came to the church to see other girls, and only girls, waiting there.

"Everything that kept us safe is gone," Cassandra started, but Valerie cut in.

"Charlotte's right there,"

Charlotte rolled her eyes as all eyes turned to her. Charlotte being in a fight and almost destroying the guy — since it was clearly visible on his face — the previous night made everyone on their toes when Charlotte was nearby. Charlotte had to admit, she liked when people feared her, so no one would mess with her.

"Yes but Charlotte can't fight everyone by herself," Cassandra added.

"She could try," Kyla shrugged, "Just get her really angry and she becomes unstoppable."

Charlotte pinched the top of her nose bridge, "Just let Cass fucking talk, please,"

The two girls snickered to themselves, instead of cowering back, but everyone suspected it was because they were best friends and that they were used to Charlotte and her scary behaviour.

Cassandra sent Charlotte a small smile before continuing on how women weren't safe in a world run by brute force and stupidity. She said how they needed order to create peace, and Charlotte couldn't agree any more.

It was true. Although others may have seen this 'order' as torture because they wouldn't be able to do anything freely, they did need order in this new town. Charlotte knew that there was going to be those who disagreed with the idea but Charlotte wanted to survive, so she was going to stand by Cassandra no matter what.

Charlotte leaned against the pillar next to the front stage and watched with blank eyes as the seats filled with people. Cassandra had called everyone in for a talk, and Charlotte was there to make sure everything went well. Charlotte kind of felt like a bodyguard but she didn't really mind. As long as she didn't get to be responsible and make the decisions, and she got to chill while being apart of the 'making a difference' process, then she was fine.

Charlotte caught eyes with the four guys from the football team and she gave them a soft smile. She broke out into a grin when she saw Clark's bruise on his temple by his eye, and he grinned too when she pointed to her cheek that had a nasty bruise on it.

They gave each other salutes as the boys took a seat behind Helena and the other girls. Charlotte made eye contact with Grizz who shook his head with a small smile. She simply winked at him.

Charlotte continued to look around the crowds and saw Campbell and Harry at the back, talking to each other. She didn't mind them and continued to look around. She stopped at Will who pointed to his own cheek with a smile.