TWENTY NINE

"THIS IS WHAT I MEANT BY NATURAL SELECTION—OW!"

Xavier rubbed his arm that had been continuously punched by Valerie who was glaring daggers at him.

"Our best friend is on her fucking deathbed, don't you dare make jokes right now!" Valerie snapped.

"Don't say that." Kyla frowned, giving Valerie a look.

Valerie shook her head, looking pale herself. "There's no point on sugarcoating it—for fuck's sake, can we get a doctor over here?!" Just like the rest of the Pentagon, Valerie was freaking out.

Clark had bursted into the clinic to see others sick in bed as well, except Charlotte looked and was ten times worst and nobody knew why. After Charlotte fell unconscious from the seizure, she hadn't woken up yet and everyone was worried.

Charlotte was the last person—of the odd bunch to get sick—to enter the hospital. Everyone else was already treated and given an IV except Charlotte.

Xavier did a lap around the hospital to see how everyone was doing, since seeing Charlotte like that made his hands start to shake very badly. He saw Elle have a mental breakdown but then she got better, and then he saw Allie trying to say goodbye to Will but then she got better, he saw that everyone was awake, except for Charlotte.

Clark kneeled next to Charlotte while clutching her hand while the others huddled around her bed. Helena kneeled on the other side of Charlotte and held her hand. Kyla stood on her other side to continuously wipe the sweat that formed on her face. Charlotte's constant sweat was their only hope that Charlotte wasn't actually..

Kelly came running over with an IV in her hand. Everyone else except Clark moved so Kelly could put it in.

Helena almost had a heart attack when she saw Clark enter the clinic with her cousin unconscious in his arms. She felt her legs almost go limp but Kelly quickly caught her before she could fall.

Kyla clenched her teeth to prevent herself from crying. The whole situation was making her emotional. She looked over at Miles who seemed utterly lost.

She placed a hand on his arm, "Miles?"

Miles slowly moved his eyes from Charlotte's lifeless form to Kyla. "I-I watched her go into a seizure.. I just stood there and w-watched—"

"Hey, you couldn't do anything to stop it," Kyla whispered, glancing over at Clark who was staring intently at Charlotte. Out of everyone, Clark had to be the one that was freaking out the most. Even more than Valerie.

Kyla thought back to when Clark almost fought Kelly even though the poor girl was just trying to help everyone, even though she was panicking herself.

"The fuck you mean you won't put the IV in her now?!" Clark shouted, dropping Charlotte's hand to stomp over to Kelly.

Kelly's eyes widen, "I-I have to put it into Elle first,"

"Then put it in!"

"I have to make sure it goes in the vein!" Kelly looked over at Xavier and Valerie with wide eyes as Clark started to come closer to Kelly.

"Hurry the fuck up!"

"Hey! Calm down!" Valerie moved in between the two while Xavier wrapped his arms around Clark's chest to hold him back.

Kyla quickly ran over to them, leaving Miles and Helena to watch over Charlotte, "Clark! Just wait! Kelly needs to focus!"

Clark realized how aggressive he was getting and he backed up.