NINETEEN

"I TALKED TO ELLE," Valerie informed her friends as they gathered in Miles' house. After the arrest of Campbell, night came by fast. During the time from the trial to the night, the five friends split up to do their own research.

Having friends outside of their circle gave them an advantage to many things. They could find things out since they were close to their own different friend, and they shared it with one another in the group when they needed to.

Valerie went to go talk to Elle, Kyla visited Harry who was in the middle of a mental breakdown, Miles went to see if Gordie had anything to say, and Xavier went around and started conversations with random people he didn't know well, to hear their opinions. Charlotte went to talk to Allie and listen to her plans.

"She said Campbell was with her the night of Cassandra's death," Valerie said.

Kyla nodded, "People believe he is in a heartbeat because he's a psychopath, but I know he wasn't there that night."

"How would you know? Were you spying on him too?" Miles chuckled, making Kyla snort.

"No, it's because he's my psychopath buddy,"

"Psychopath bud—" Valerie started, but quickly shook her head, "Anyway, she said he didn't do it but she knows he's capable of doing anything."

"Are we surprised though?" Kyla questioned.

Xavier nodded his head. "I mean, if Campbell can't feel any emotions then he won't be hesitant to do something."

Miles looked at Charlotte, "I have a really bad feeling that everything is about go downhill."

"I agree with Miles," Valerie hummed while Xavier nodded his head.

Kyla turned to Charlotte, "Got a plan?"

Charlotte stayed quiet for a moment before looking up at her friends. "It's devising."

"Hey Sam, Becca," Xavier waved as the five friends showed up to the house where they kept Campbell.

The two greeted the group back while Charlotte glanced at the door they were guarding.

"Where's Allie?" Charlotte asked, while signing.

"She's on her way here." Sam answered, signing.

"She's going to talk to Campbell?" Valerie questioned, glancing between Sam and Becca.

Becca nodded.

"She should just let me talk to Campbell," Kyla cut in, shrugging her shoulders.

"Why you?" Miles raised an eyebrow.

"Because I'm good at talking,"

"He's a psychopath," Sam said, shaking his head.

"So?"

"What part of psycho-path do you not understand?" Xavier raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, dumbass," Valerie snickered.

Kyla scoffed and threw her chin up, "He may be a psychopath but he's fucking smart, so shut your mouth and let me, the other psychopath in this town, deal with this motherfucker."

Charlotte snickered, "You say you're a psychopath but yet you refuse to fight Clark when he challenges you."

Kyla gaped at Charlotte, "Are you serious? Clark is a fucking beast, he could me my out in one swing. Even when you challenge him, you are batshit crazy yourself."