TWO

"DON'T BE SUCH A DICK, CAMPBELL." Sam turned his head to look at Charlotte who came walking over with her group of friends. The four stayed behind as Charlotte came forward and linked her arm with Sam.

Campbell raised an eyebrow at Charlotte. Campbell and Charlotte were on neutral terms, despite everyone fearing Campbell. But, Charlotte made it clear to everyone in the town that she wasn't afraid of Campbell, or anything, so everyone respected her. Campbell didn't mind and slightly liked that. He liked a little challenge.

People suspected that Charlotte must've had emotions, but she was very good at hiding them and came out as fearless. Except spiders, everyone knew that if Charlotte feared anything, it was definitely spiders.

"What about it, Charlotte?"

Charlotte shrugged, as Campbell narrowed his eyes at her. "Don't need to be an asshole to your brother, you should be grateful to have him."

Campbell pursed his lips, "Should I really though? Do you know how tiring it is to sign? Do you even know how to sign, Charlotte?"

Charlotte rolled her eyes and then began to make weird gestures with her hands, confusing the both of them. "Hold on," Charlotte muttered, her tongue slightly poked out for effect. Then, she rolled her hands and her middle finger was flipped out.

"Oh shit, there it is. I learned this sign just for you, Campbell."

Campbell smirked and rolled his eyes before walking away.

Charlotte turned to Sam with a smile, "Who are you hanging out with for the trip?" Charlotte asked, as she signed while she talked.

"Becca." Sam signed to Charlotte.

By now, Miles, Kyla, Valerie, and Xavier gathered around Sam. They had smiles on their faces, as they watched Sam talk. The group had a soft spot for the boy, since he was always at their gigs, supporting them. He couldn't properly hear the music but yet he came to watch them dance to the beat of the music, every time they held a gig.

"Tell him that he's welcome to hang out with us for the trip, including Becca." Miles told Charlotte, reaching over to poke her arm.

"Why can't you?" Valerie asked with a small smirk.

Miles gave her a look, "You know I don't know how to sign."

Valerie sighed out loud dramatically, "That's unfortunate for you."

Miles furrowed his eyebrows, "You don't even know a lot!"

"That's still more than you!"

Only Charlotte, Xavier, and Kyla knew how to sign. Miles had no clue about signing and Valerie knew a little bit. Enough to start and keep a conversation for a little while.

Kyla snorted and began to sign to Sam, "You two are welcome to hang with us on the trip, if you want. We would love your company."

Sam smiled and nodded.

Xavier glanced around, "Hey, I think it's time to leave. We should say bye to our parents."

Charlotte nodded and signed bye to Sam. He waved at the five as they departed and went to their own families.

Charlotte's parents were standing with Helena's parents. Helena's mother was sisters with Charlotte's mother, and Helena was the older cousin of Charlotte. Helena was already standing with her parents and hugging them. Charlotte smiled at her parents and opened her arms wide open.