TWENTY TWO

"JUST DO YOUR JOB, HARRY," Kyla sighed, watching the boy try to make a deal with a guy. Harry was trying to get out of his shift by offering the guy his car to drive in. Kyla was on cleaning duty and she happened to be paired with Harry and a few others.

Six months has passed and Cassandra's rules still applied to the town. Though, it was more like Allie's rules. Allie made the system more strict, and instead of working for the day and fun events at night, Allie changed the rule.

Everyone was expected to wake up early and work until late evening, and only on the weekends was movie and fun nights. Also, if someone didn't work their hours, they didn't get fed.

Charlotte wasn't impressed with the change of rules, but she still complied with them. Even though Allie was doing a decent job at being a leader, Charlotte knew that her rules were going to be broken one day, because someone would've had enough.

Valerie pointed out that Allie was going too hard on everyone and it ended in Allie snapping at Valerie. Valerie started to argue with the leader which ended up with Valerie working extra hours, but she was quickly let off the loose when a fuming Charlotte came bursting through Allie's door.

Allie listened to Charlotte and her inputs. Charlotte often disagreed with Allie and her decisions, which resulted in lots of disputes, but Charlotte soon backed off after three months for some reason. Allie dismissed it, but she noticed that Charlotte never stuck around with Grizz whenever Grizz had a shift at Allie's house. Charlotte always met up with the Pentagon instead.

Allie didn't like when the Pentagon halted their duties and went to meet up with each other, and she never knew what they talked about since they shut up whenever she came, but Allie knew they were making decisions without her. Allie didn't do much with their lack of work and all since she was practically co-leaders with Charlotte. Allie needed Charlotte and Charlotte knew that. Some people still didn't take Allie seriously and Charlotte was very well respected by the community, so she needed Charlotte for her 'power' on others.

Speaking of Charlotte's power on others, people never dare to step out of the line, especially when Charlotte was around. Ever since Dewey's punishment, Charlotte noticed that people listened to her very attentively. But, oddly, Charlotte also noticed that people truly respected her. Before, they 'respected' her out of fear, and Charlotte assumed they would only be scared now instead of respect, but it seemed like they respected her decision on Dewey's punishment.

When Charlotte asked Lexie about it, Lexie simply informed her that people liked that Charlotte took over Dewey's punishment and spared his life. They believed that that was what a good leader would do; to discipline and leave no regrets behind. Charlotte didn't mind Lexie, they got along pretty well.

"I hate this, Kyla," Harry sighed, rubbing at his face.

Kyla frowned as she cleaned the floors with the mop, "I think we all do, but there's nothing we can do about it."

"Yes we can, we can change this," Harry looked at Kyla with a frown on his own face.

"It's possible," Kyla shrugged, "But Allie's rules is the reason why we're still alive and running."

"You just agreed that you hated this,"

"I agree that I hate this but I never said I wanted to change it. But hey, most of our shifts are together and we can make some fun out of this," Kyla offered, a light smile on her face.

Harry gave Kyla a half smile, "You're a great friend Kyla, but I really hate this."

Kyla sighed and shook her head, "Just clean, Harry,"