TWENTY

"I ORDERED FOR CAMPBELL TO BE RELEASED FROM CUSTODY," Allie announced as murmurs broke out in the crowd.

To say that Dewey was afraid of death would be an understatement. He wasn't scared or intimidated by anyone so far but ever since his 'lunch date' with Charlotte, their encounter left a chill in his spine. She seemed to be so nonchalant about the concept of killing, and the way she held her katana made him fear for the worst.

When Allie entered the church without Charlotte by her side, it made his blood run cold. Others also wondered where the girl was, but to be honest, she was simply in the washroom, since her stomach hurt.

"Allie is literally about to announce her punishment for Dewey and here we are, waiting for you to take a shit." Xavier sighed as he leaned against the wall, outside of the bathroom door. Him and Kyla decided to stay back, while Valerie and Miles quickly went with Allie to the church. Charlotte had sent them off first and told them to keep their eyes and ears open, just in case something happened while she wasn't there.

"My fucking stomach hurts, what do you want me to do? Shit my pants?" Charlotte snapped through the bathroom door.

"This is what you get for eating two trays of food and then going straight for hot chocolate right after. Potatoes, apples, and hot chocolate? Bad combination." Kyla snorted, shaking her head.

Shuffling, toilet flushing, and running water was heard on the other side which made Xavier and Kyla glance at each other. The door quickly opened to reveal Charlotte who smiled sheepishly.

"That was a fast shit..?" Xavier raised an eyebrow.

Charlotte patted her stomach, "False alarm, turns out I didn't need to go."

The two groaned at Charlotte before chuckling. Charlotte grinned and the three quickly headed out of the house and to the church.

When they made it to the church, they halted at the doorway where Grizz guarded it. He gave the three a nod as Charlotte slowly made her way to the front. Allie was starting to tell everyone about Dewey and how he has been found guilty of murder.

"..and the punishment for murder is death,"

Some people began to stand in disbelief as murmurs of protest and shock echoed in the church. Charlotte saw Jessica stand from the corner of her eye but she continued to walk forward, Kyla and Xavier behind her.

"Are you kidding me?! What? You're gonna kill me?!" Jason and Luke quickly held Dewey back as Allie scanned the crowd, her eyes catching onto Charlotte who made her way to the front. Everyone slightly shut their mouths when they saw the female Guard.

"Let this be a warning to anyone who even thinks about using violence on anyone in this town," Allie announced, "We will respond."

"Eye for an eye."

"This is not a court! You're fucking crazy, you hear me?!" Dewey shouted aggressively, while Allie looked over at Charlotte who had her eyebrows slightly raised at the decision.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you! And you'll be dead like your sister!" Dewey threatened as Allie nodded her head over at Dewey's direction to Charlotte.

Charlotte nodded and made her way down toward Dewey, who closed his mouth when he realized that the Chinese girl was there. He was so busy glaring at Allie that he hadn't noticed that Charlotte came in.