ELEVEN

"HOW IS CHARLOTTE DOING?" Luke asked softly as him, Jason, Grizz, and Clark dug the hole for Cassandra the next morning.

"Like shit," Clark muttered as he stabbed into the hole furiously.

Jason shook his head, "I've never seen her that shaken up before, and I've witnessed her jump six feet away from one spot because of a spider."

Luke glanced at the others, "You guys all saw Cassandra last night? How did you know that she was.. Shot?"

Clark shook his head, "We didn't know at first, but Char suddenly screamed and she ran out of the house without saying a word. She sprinted all the way here and we followed her, only to find Cassandra laying on the sidewalk, bathing in her own blood."

Luke looked at Grizz, "How did Charlotte know?"

Grizz clenched his jaw, "We were just talking in my room, and then Char decided to check on Cassandra to see how cleaning up was going for her. Then we suddenly heard a bang, then another, and Charotte just freaked out."

Jason frowned at the hole, "Who the fuck would do this? More like why? Everything was going well, I mean, it was fucking prom night man."

Clark shook his head, "When one thing goes too well, something bad has to come along. Vice versa. Shit's stupid as hell."

"Helena tried to talk to Charlotte but Charlotte just kept staring at the wall." Luke said, a frown on his face.

Grizz nodded, "She had a hard time sleeping. I had to hold her the entire night for her to actually sleep, or else she would've started to cry. It hurt me to watch her like that, dude." Grizz muttered, "She's with the Pentagon right now, they're taking her on a walk to let her calm her nerves but she's been shaking like crazy."

"I mean, when you're on the phone with your friend and you had to listen to them die, then I would assume you would be pretty fucking shaken up," Clark shrugged as he tossed his shovel to the side.

"Who do you think shot Cassandra?" Luke asked, making the others shrug.

"I can think of a few people," Clark started, "One being Harry,"

Jason nodded, "He was talking pretty crazy at the pool that night, but we know that he wouldn't even dare attempt something like that, his image is too important to him."

"Yeah but why the fuck would someone kill her? I get it if you hate her but why would you want to commit such a deadly crime?" Luke shook his head, as Grizz stared at the ground with lost eyes.

"God.." Grizz exhaled, "She's so vulnerable right now, it pains me to see her like that."

Clark patted Grizz on the shoulder, "Char's a strong girl, she'll recover eventually. What we should be worrying about is the aftermath of Charlotte's recovery."

"What do you mean?" Jason questioned.

"I don't know about you guys, but I know Char, and when she's angry and determined, nothing will stop her from finding out and getting what she wants to know." Clark informed, glancing between the three guys. They simply stayed quiet.

"Who did this?"

Charlotte watched Allie with empty eyes. She sat next to Helena in the front. Helena was holding her hand comfortingly, and Charlotte let her.

The Pentagon was sitting with Grizz, to give Charlotte her space. They knew how badly Cassandra's death affected Charlotte, and since Charlotte was the one to be the last person to talk to Cassandra, it affected her even more.