THIRTY EIGHT

"I LIKED IT BETTER WHEN CHAR HAD TO DO ALL THE HARD WORK." Valerie whined as she threw herself on the couch, drained from the meeting she had with Campbell and the Guard.

Xavier snorted, tossing gummies into his mouth, old gummies he found from Charlotte's pantry. "You just joined today. Imagine how I feel, I've been by their side since weeks ago. I love my bros but the shit they say make me wanna snap. Clark referred Char and Grizz to 'a bunch of dogs obsessed with' Allie the other day,"

Valerie gasped and her eyes widen, "That little shit did not.."

Xavier nodded, a frown on his face, "But he did."

Valerie scoffed, shaking her head, "He's just mad that him and Char aren't on talking terms, and that Grizz and her are still good friends. He literally shot himself in the foot, since he refused to talk to her."

Xavier snorted, agreeing, "I wonder what'll happen to them when Char comes back. Do you think he'll talk to her, or will it be the end of our Chark? Clarlotte? Clar—that's literally his name.."

Valerie pouted her lips at Xavier, "Leave the ship-naming to the girls, but you tried, and it's the effort that counts."

Kyla finished taking the expired pop tarts out of its packaging and placed them on a plate. She broke them into pieces and then made her way to the living room, where Xavier and Valerie were. She still heard what they were talking about, and started swearing to Miles when she heard about what Clark said about Charlotte and Grizz.

"Well, one, fuck Clark, and two, the plan is not going the way it's supposed to be," Kyla groaned, taking a seat next to Xavier.

"I know, that bitch Lexie just had to come in and run." Valerie sighed. She quickly sat up when Miles walked over, with a tray of four cups on it. He prepared green tea for them.

Xavier nudged Kyla with his elbow, a smirk on his face, "Hey, but our fighting seems legit. Everyone thinks we hate each other now."

Kyla held her hand up, and Xavier high-fived her. "I know right? We're actually so good at acting."

Before Charlotte had left, she devised a plan. She needed eyes in the Guard. Since her and Clark fell off, the only person that could spy in on the boys was Xavier. It was all apart of her plan for the Pentagon to break out into a fight, and for them to be visibly divided.

Xavier needed to get the Guard's trust and hear their plans. Kyla was to be extremely loyal to Allie, because of Cassandra, and that she somewhat agreed with Allie's rules. Miles was to remain neutral, while Valerie was to eventually turn on Allie and join Campbell, because of Harry.

Charlotte needed to go on the expedition though, because what she said about power was true. If she was there during the election, she would be showing too much power and she couldn't get too ahead of herself. So, she left it all to the others, and went to help Grizz find land.

The others also insisted that she go on the expedition, as a break, since she's been working nonstop ever since they got to the town.

"Think of it as a vacation," Xavier grinned.

Charlotte blinked, "We all know a hike is not what I consider a vacation."

"Leave it to us," Kyla smiled, "You've been working too hard, when was the last time you got to chill? Never, since Allie overworks you."

Valerie nodded in agreement, "Use this time to relax and enjoy nature. We can handle this."

Miles quickly added, "If things go out of hand, I'm sure you'll be back in time to contain it."