NINE

"WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME," Kyla called out as her and Valerie popped up from behind the bar counter. Grizz jumped in surprise as Charlotte let out a yelp.

Valerie grinned and leaned onto the counter, "We've been waiting for this moment for a while now,"

"What the fuck, you stalkers?!" Charlotte snapped at the two girls, with Grizz's hands still on her waist.

"Who told you to stand near the bar, I'm thirsty!" Valerie shouted, a grin on her face.

Charlotte rolled her eyes as Kyla looked at Grizz, "Shouldn't you be thanking us Grizz?"

"For what?" Charlotte questioned, her hands still on Grizz's chest.

"Kyla and I were the ones to encourage Grizz to ask you to prom. Though that plan failed, our goal has been accomplished." Valerie smirked, motioning between the two. Charlotte simply shook her head and chuckled.

Before anyone could say anything, the music suddenly changed and something upbeat came up. Jason, Clark, and Luke began to chant Grizz's name while they ran in a circle.

Grizz grinned and looked down at Charlotte who lightly pushed on his arm, "Hurry up and join them!" Grizz gave one last smile to Charlotte before running over to his friends.

Charlotte let out a cheer, along with Kyla and Valerie, as they watched the four boys do some weird dance. Charlotte couldn't help but laugh; whenever those four were put together, everything they did was funny.

"God, you and Grizz are so cute," Kyla squealed mwhile shoving Charlotte on the shoulder in a playful manner.

Charlotte tried to stop the smile that was starting to grow on her face. She looked over at the boys to see them in a group hug. She smiled softly, she adored their friendship. They were like brothers for life, and she would be sad if there was anything to come between them. Charlotte mentally made a promise that she would try her best to keep them together and prevent anything that comes its way to break their friendship.

The boys were special to Charlotte. Jason was Charlotte's drinking buddy, Clark was her best friend aside from the Pentagon, Grizz was her potential love interest, and Luke, Charlotte was the least closest with Luke in terms of being comfortable with each other as friends but he was Helena's boyfriend and they got along well. Charlotte liked his caring and careful attitude.

Grizz turned around to meet Charlotte's eyes and he smiled softly. She smiled back just as Jason began to wave his arms in the air crazily.

"Charlotte! Come drink with me!" Jason shouted loudly, two bottles of beer in his hands.

Charlotte raised an eyebrow at him, while Valerie giggled and patted on Charlotte's shoulder. "Have fun,"

Charlotte glanced back at her and watched her and Kyla slowly creep away, "Where are you guys going?"

"Going to creep on Miles that's attempting to make a move on Sam, of course," Kyla answered in a 'duh' tone before running off with Valerie.

Charlotte snorted and playfully rolled her eyes before grinning and heading over to Jason, ready to beat him in a drinking contest.

"Did he seriously just sign bullshit to Sam?" Kyla groaned, peeking over the table. Her and Valerie were currently crouching by chairs, and peeking over a table to look at Sam and Miles who sat at one table together. They chose the table right across from Sam's and Miles' view so they had to hide. "Who taught him that?"

Kyla glanced at Valerie who was smiling sheepishly. Kyla raised an eyebrow at her and Valerie quickly threw her hands up in surrender.

"I was teaching him a few signs! Not my fault he only picked up that one particular word!"