TWENTY SEVEN

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" Charlotte mentally cursed when she realized she let her face fall. Even though it was in the slightest, she knew that Miles caught it. Now, she was going to act as if she didn't have a clue about what he was asking.

Miles gave her a look, "I know you know."

Charlotte inhaled deeply and motioned for Miles to follow her. The two ended up in the empty church, where it was set up for the Thanksgiving dinner.

Miles took a seat at one of the tables and Charlotte sat across from him.

"What happened Char? What's the real reason you and Grizz broke up for? What aren't you telling us?" Miles softly asked.

Charlotte's tone was cautious, "What did you see?"

Miles explained what he witnessed; the interaction between Sam, his crush, and Grizz, his best friend's ex-boyfriend. "The action was small but I saw the emotion in their eyes. Grizz's eyes."

When Charlotte kept quiet, Miles continued, "Grizz used to look at you like that, Char, there's no point in hiding anything now. Plus, you know I don't judge or discriminate."

Charlotte picked at the skin around her nails. She let out a small sigh. She promised Grizz she wouldn't say anything yet but Miles practically already knew, or had an idea.

Charlotte finally nodded, "Grizz and I fell out of love, that's what happened,"

Miles opened his mouth to say something but Charlotte continued, "And Grizz developed feelings for Sam."

Deep down, Miles already had a feeling of it, but hearing Charlotte confirm his thoughts made his heart heavy. Heavy because Grizz had been keeping his sexuality a secret, and Miles knew the struggle.

"How long has he known?"

Charlotte gently shrugged, "Not sure but for sure more than a month ago. Maybe even more than that, six months has passed."

"You're the only one who knows?" Miles quietly asked, keeping his voice down just in case people could hear them from the outside.

Charlotte nodded, "He wanted me to keep it a secret. It's only right for him to tell everyone, not me."

Charlotte watched Miles as he stared at the table with a bunch of emotions swirling behind his eyes. Charlotte knew exactly why he seemed conflicted. It wasn't for the fact that Grizz liked guys now, but because Grizz liked Sam. Miles also liked Sam, but what's worse is that Miles has been struggling with trying to connect and communicate properly with Sam for two years now and here Grizz was, having a cute moment with Sam in less than two months. Miles was envious.

"I know how you feel about Sam," Charlotte quietly mumbled, "I'm sorry I've been helping Grizz with Sam but I'm the only one he's comfortable telling his sexuality to and—"

"So Grizz dropped you for a man?" Miles cut off, not wanting Charlotte apologize. It wasn't her fault that Grizz and Sam were hanging out. Miles knew that Charlotte supported Grizz and was his support system and Miles couldn't be mad about that. Charlotte was the first one to stand behind Miles once he came out. He only cursed her for her understanding and openminded nature, but he loved her for that.

Charlotte cracked a grin, eyes slightly widening, "That's exactly what I said!" She then snorted, "I know, it's hard to believe."

Miles pursed his lips and furrowed his eyebrows as if he was thinking about it, "No, it's pretty easy to believe.. I would drop you for Sam any day,"

Charlotte's jaw dropped as Miles let out a laugh. They both knew Miles was joking but Charlotte still gave him a look, "Oh please, that's just because you only like dick."