TWENTY SIX

"OUT OF MY WAY, SHITHEAD," Charlotte snapped at Clark as he kept blocking her way with his large build. A game of football was being played on the large field with people that wanted to play. Those who didn't want to play simply stood around the outline of the field and cheered teams on.

"Fuck off, mob boss," Clark sneered as he continued to block Charlotte's way from receiving the ball from her teammate, who was Luke. Her, Luke, Jason, and others like Gordie and Will were on one team while Clark, Xavier, Kelly, Shoe and others were on the other team. The only thing that differentiate the teams were the yellow pinnies that Clark's team wore. After an intense game of rock, paper, scissors between Xavier and Gordie, Gordie won the battle of not having to wear pinnies.

Charlotte and Clark were great friends, everyone knew that, but when it came to competitive things like this, there was no such thing as mercy or 'friends'.

Charlotte continued to shove back at Clark, "No, fuck you!"

"You wish!" Clark scoffed as Jason ran around players quickly. Xavier was on his tail though, since he was one of the fastest runners in town.

"Someone, get open!" Jason shouted, "Char!"

"I'm trying!" Charlotte shouted back as she glared at Clark who only smirked at her.

"Madison's open, Jason!" Kyla shouted as she pointed to the brunette who was waving her arms frantically in the air.

Jason sent a nod to Madison who got ready to catch it but as soon as he was about to throw it, Xavier managed to tackle him to the ground while Kelly grabbed the ball and ran.

"Shit!" Jason shouted, "Man down!"

Charlotte gritted her teeth and glanced around. Kelly was now the one trying to see who was open on her team. Charlotte quickly slipped under Clark's held out arm and was now the one blocking him. She waved her arms frantically in front of Clark, despite being shorter than him, she tried to cover him. Her back was pressed against his chest as she pushed him back.

"You really think you can cover me?" Clark snorted as he held his arms up in the air. Charlotte glanced back at Clark and looked up at him.

"No," She rolled her right shoulder, her strong shoulder, "But I can stall you for a bit," Charlotte leaned back and then pushed herself forward, slamming her shoulder into Clark's chest. He let out a grunt and slightly stumbled back, just as Kelly threw the ball to Tobias. The ball was quickly snatched by Luke who ran back to see who was open. Will began to yell that he was open, making Luke throw the ball toward him.

Charlotte watched from the corner of her eye as Kelly came running at Will and tackled him to the ground. Xavier grinned widely and shouted, "That's what I'm talking about, Kelly!"

"Come on, Will!" Jason shouted in annoyance, clapping his hands for emphasis, "You gotta catch the ball!"

Charlotte bursted out laughing at how annoyed Jason was getting, "You catch the ball and then you run!" He was doing motions to demonstrate. He threw his arms out, "It's simple fucking math, man! Damn!"

Everyone started to move to go back into their positions to start the game again as the crowd cheered for their specific team.

Charlotte stumbled as she was lightly shoved by the shoulder, "Shit, Char, you got quite the shoulder,"

Charlotte looked back at Clark smirking down at her. Charlotte grinned and shrugged, "What can I say? I'm a 'mob boss'."

Clark chuckled as the two headed to their positions. Jason stopped Charlotte from walking past him and looked down at her.