FORTY

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" Valerie snapped at Clark as she punched him in the arm.

"What the fuck, Valerie?" Clark grumbled, rubbing his arm.

"You can't just go running at full speed into someone in the middle of the night while shining a dim flashlight in their face!" Valerie scolded, glancing down at Xavier who had let out a loud scream and fell to the floor.

"I saw someone walking and thought it'd be her." Clark explained quietly.

Valerie frowned. After getting more help, they managed to search the whole town in groups but had no sight of Charlotte. It made Helena break into tears and Kyla to lose her shit on Lexie. The two ended up yelling at each other in the cafeteria, where Kyla demanded for a meeting to be formed so they could discuss who would be in charge, but Lexie said it wasn't possible as her and Campbell and the Guard were already in charge.

"You lied about Allie stealing the election and you know it! If anything, you fucking stole it you cheaters!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Lexie glared, "We're in charge for now!"

"No! I demand a new election to be formed!"

"What? The election already happened! If you wanted to run, you should've done that in the first place!"

"I didn't see any purpose of running until I found out that there's land and food, and Char is missing! I don't need an airhead to manage how I live!"

Kyla noticed Harry muttering something to Jason and Clark. The two large dudes came toward Kyla but she quickly glared at them, making them halt.

She looked at Harry, "Oh, so you're gonna arrest me, Harry? For what?! For speaking the truth?!"

Harry frowned, "No.. But you're causing a scene. Take her to Allie and Will."

"Bullshit!" Kyla snapped, as Jason and Clark advanced toward her. They gently grabbed her arms but she yanked it from their grasp.

"I can walk myself," As they made their way out of the cafeteria, Kyla threw Harry the nastiest glare.

"Fuck you, Harry."

Kyla had been arrested for about twenty minutes until Campbell released her, finding amusement in Kyla's anger. She hadn't really done anything wrong and told the others to not make any silly arrests, just because they were in charge. It would make them look bad.

When Lexie told him that Kyla would be a problem to their leadership, he reassured her that nothing will happen.

"We stopped searching when the sun set," Valerie pointed out, "You can't even see a thing, and that flashlight is doing you no justice."

Clark looked down at the ground, "I know, but.."

Xavier raised an eyebrow, "Didn't Campbell order the Guard to go search in the woods early in the morning? At least until where she stopped and turned around."

Clark nodded as Valerie's eyebrows raised in surprise. "Damn, Campbell ordered that?"

"I know, I guess he actually liked Char.." Xavier chuckled under his breath.