THIRTY NINE

"HANDS OFF ME OR I'LL KICK YOU IN THE DICK," Kyla snapped at Jason, ripping her arm from his grip. Miles placed a hand on her arm to calm her down, as Jason frowned down at her.

"You were gonna walk up there and go against Lexie. Don't." He sounded as if he were worried for Kyla's sake, but Kyla paid no attention to that.

Kyla glared at him, "And why not? I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm the most determined to take down whatever this groupie is."

"Don't call us a groupie," Xavier muttered in distaste.

Kyla gave him a look. He simply threw a look back.

Miles sighed, "Why did you guys lie about Allie and the election?"

When the two didn't answer, Kyla shook her head in disappointment. "Lying won't get you guys anywhere. This is complete bullshit," She looked at Lexie who made her way toward them. She had just finished giving another speech to the crowd.

Valerie had to hold back her tongue when Lexie came to talk to the crowd because she remembered that she was on their side. She wanted to laugh to Xavier when she saw that Helena seemed to believe Luke through his little lies.

When Lexie came by, Kyla gave her a bitter grin. "You weren't confident enough to follow through with the election huh? I think it's gonna get to your head a lot faster than expected!" She taunted the girl.

Lexie avoided her eyes and walked out of the church. Kyla looked back at Jason. "Where are they? Did you hurt them?"

Jason kept quiet, looking at Kyla. Clark cut in, "It's none of your business."

Kyla had been irritated for days now, ever since Charlotte had been gone and shit went downhill. Even though she was extremely annoyed with Jason, she was certainly not impressed with Clark, since from what Xavier reported, he was the one to practically brainwash the ideas into Jason and Luke that the Guard needed to step up.

Clark was hardheaded. Jason was easily influenced, and Luke was just weak. That was what Kyla thought of them.

"What would Char say?" Kyla questioned him. "The bridge was already on fire, now it's barely holding upright. Is that what you wanted?"

Clark narrowed his eyes at her, "She's not here."

"And when she comes back? You really want her to hate you more, hm?"

Clark shut his mouth.

Jason frowned, "She doesn't hate him,"

"You can't speak for her, Jason." Kyla raised an eyebrow at Jason.

"You don't speak for her," Valerie spoke up, glancing at Xavier as she spoke.

Kyla furrowed her eyebrows at her. "And you do?"

Xavier quickly jumped in, "Nobody does. Charlotte's not here, so whatever happens is based on our own actions. You act so mighty 'cause you know Char can protect you, but she hasn't been here lately, and she won't really matter later on."

Miles slightly frowned at the group, "Char's been here for all of you since the start, and suddenly she's not important to you guys anymore?"

Jason looked up, "We never said she's not important to—"

"I can already see the look on her face when she realizes you guys sided with Campbell and Lexie, of all fucking people. Oh and when she sees Allie, Cassandra's sister, arrested, man it's gonna be funny."