FOUR

"I'LL COME WITH." Charlotte raised her hand as Luke mentioned a plan about a search party with Grizz.

The morning came and there was still no parents, no calls back, or anything. Cassandra suggested that she'll go out to Greenwich for help but Harry took the chance and brought Grizz, Luke, and Clark with him. They came back with conflicted expressions, so a few others came along to see what the deal was.

Valerie's face had turned pale when she noticed that there was no way out. She was feisty and had a big mouth, but she got scared easily.

"What do you mean you'll come with?" Luke questioned, furrowing his eyebrows as Charlotte stood up from her spot on the curb. She dusted her pants off.

"I mean that I'll join you and Grizz on your search. We need to figure out what the fuck is going on."

"You're not going," Helena shook her head.

"And why not?" Charlotte raised an eyebrow.

"I don't want to be separated from you," Helena frowned, her eyes showing worry.

"I'll be back—"

"No," Kyla spoke up. She looked at Charlotte and then at Cassandra, "I know Cass is the leader figure around here but people listen to you when they don't want to listen to Cass. You're the only person that everyone doesn't want to cross."

"That makes me sound like a bad guy," Charlotte blinked.

"That's a good thing," Xavier said, shrugging.

"How the hell is that a go—"

"Kyla's right, you stay here with me so we can figure out this problem together." Cassandra nodded in agreement.

"But there's only a few people that are brave enough to go out there and—"

"I'll go," Miles blurted out, making Charlotte look over at him. "I've been studying to become an environmentalist, so I would probably be more help in those forests than you, Char."

Charlotte narrowed her eyes at him, "I can see the fear behind your eyes, Miles."

He shook his head, "There's no time to be scared. I will go with the boys and you will stay here and keep everyone in line."

Charlotte pursed her lips as Harry sighed out. "I'm going home, I'm hungry."

Charlotte watched him with sharp eyes as Allie called him out. "You're leaving?"

"Well yeah, I got a home with a refrigerator with food in it, and I'm gonna eat it."

"You can't just leave," Cassandra exclaimed.

Harry threw his hand out, "Well, what are we supposed to do instead?"

"We have to figure out what is happening to us."

"You're not student council president anymore." Harry muttered, slightly glaring at Cassandra.

Kyla rolled her eyes at Harry.

"God, you really need to get over that!" Cassandra groaned.

"Whatever," Harry shook his head and looked over at Kelly, "You coming Kel?"

Kelly shook her head and declined, making Charlotte glance at her friends. Something must've happened between the couple. Valerie shrugged slightly.

"Jesus Christ, just get in the car."

"Leave her alone, man." Will defended Kelly, which made Harry raise his voice.

"Hey, fuck off Will!"