THIRTY FIVE

"THANKS GORDIE." Charlotte smiled at Gordie who handed her the brown bag. He watched her with a slight frown.

"Are you sure you're okay, Char?" Gordie questioned, watching Charlotte pull out the inhaler. She placed it between her lips and inhaled once she pressed down on the button.

Charlotte nodded, "I'm pretty sure it's just my asthma."

"You haven't had asthma in years," Miles pointed out.

Charlotte shrugged, "Must be this town's air, we are in some sort of parallel universe."

After her talk with Luke and Jason, Charlotte received a call from Gordie. She parted ways with Grizz and went to see Gordie at the clinic, where Miles was already talking to Gordie.

"Has anything felt different lately? I noticed you seem more fatigue after the incident." Gordie told, watching the girl closely. He certainly didn't want to lose her. He had already lost Cassandra.

Charlotte shook her head, "Aside from the chest pains, no."

"Chest pains?" Gordie questioned as he snapped his head to Kelly who was watching and listening silently. Kelly lightly shook her head, "Don't overthink this, Gordie."

She looked at Charlotte. "Do you have anxiety, Charlotte?"

Charlotte thought about it and then slowly nodded, "I used to, in eighth grade."

Charlotte strived for high marks in middle school, so she could be on the honour board and get a medal for it, but then high school cane around and now she laughed whenever she saw that she barely passed her physics tests. She was just glad to have passed in that class.

Kelly nodded her head, concern on her face, "It seems like it's coming back. I know this is a dumb question but have you been feeling stressed lately?"

"When is Charlotte not stressed?" Gordie raised an eyebrow. It was obvious that the leader of the Guard would be under a lot of stress, she practically did all the work while Allie gave orders and sat back.

Kelly sent him a quick look, "I know, that's why I said it was a dumb question." She looked at Charlotte, "But I meant like even more than before?"

Charlotte thought about it.

"Is there a situation that has you really worried?"

Charlotte slowly nodded, "Finding land."

"Anything else?"

Miles glanced at Charlotte. He knew that her fight with Clark had affected her deeply. After Clark stormed out of the house, and the Pentagon went their separate ways, Miles and her stayed behind for a bit.

"Are you okay?" Miles asked, watching Charlotte rest against the counter. She slowly blinked and made eye contact with him, but she looked distracted.

"Yeah, why?"

"Clark seemed pretty mad," Miles frowned.

Charlotte rubbed the back of her neck, "I know.." Worry began to appear on her face, "Do you think he'll ever forgive me?"

Miles instantly nodded, "What? Of course he will. He's just mad right now."

"But what if he doesn't? We're both stubborn people so no one will apologize and when we actually do try to talk it out because one of you will probably force us to, it'll be too late because who knows how long we'll go ignoring each other since we want to show who's the 'tougher' one. I leave at the end of this week, what if it takes us weeks before we find land? Will things go back to normal between us when I come back? Or create even more tension? Fuck, what do I do?"