THIRTY TWO

"DO YOU THINK SHE'LL WIN THE ELECTION?" Valerie questioned as she rested her feet on Charlotte's coffee table. After the announcement about the election, the Pentagon went to Charlotte's house for a meeting.

"Who?" Xavier asked, eating a cookie. He went to take a seat next to Charlotte, who was braiding Kyla's hair. Kyla sat on the floor in front of Charlotte.

"Who else? Allie."

Miles thought about it for a moment. "Maybe. I mean, people will vote for her, yeah, unless someone who offers something better runs the position."

"Lots of people don't like Allie's rules and her way of running things." Kyla pointed out. "I think anyone can overrule her in the election."

"They just can't expect that we could just fuck around and starve. Allie's rules make sense." Xavier said, a frown on his face.

"Yeah but we're a bunch of teenagers. We're selfish and stupid." Kyla sighed.

Valerie looked at Charlotte, "You should run, I'm sure lots of people will vote for you."

Charlotte shook her head, "I already made it clear where I stand. Running for mayor would just be a joke and a waste of time."

"That's true." Valerie shrugged.

"I have a feeling Lexie might run," Xavier brought up, making Charlotte nod her head.

"I feel like that too. She's also filled with anger right now so it won't be good for Allie." Charlotte muttered, shaking her head. What happened with Clark and Jason had Lexie fuming with anger.

Bean, Will, Gordie, and Shoe was there when Lexie came up to Allie on the streets. Gordie told Charlotte all about it. Although she agreed with Allie, about how people dying was more important than her period, Charlotte felt for Lexie. She was put in a humiliating position and didn't get the apology she deserved. Charlotte didn't like Lexie but she still thought that the boys should apologize for what they did.

"What happened?" Miles asked. Xavier explained the whole situation.

Valerie looked at Kyla who was quiet. Valerie cracked a grin, "As expected from our mom."

Kyla snorted, "Shut up."

"This whole election thing is going to be a mess. I already know it." Miles mumbled, shaking his head.

Xavier looked at Charlotte, "We need to make sure this town doesn't go to shit."

Charlotte nodded, a conflicted expression on her face. "I know." She glanced around at her friends, a few thoughts running through her head.

Miles remembered something and looked over at Valerie, "Wait, why did you call for a meeting?"

"Oh right. I have a somewhat idea of who poisoned the pie."

"You're running for president, Miles?" Erika asked as Miles scanned the list. He turned around and shook his head, his eyes finding Gwen and Erika who were standing on the side, watching from afar.

Valerie stood next to him, her hands in her pockets.

"No, I just wanted to check out the list. How about you girls?"

The two girls shook their heads.

"We're doing the same as you. I don't think I'd be able to handle the huge responsibility of mayor." Erika chuckled, a light smile on her face.

Gwen nodded in agreement, "Even though Allie's rules are a bit too extreme for our likings, I'll leave the decision making to her. That's too much stress."