TWENTY THREE

"WHAT'S UP, GRIZZ?" Xavier greeted as he took a seat across from Grizz. Grizz had contacted Xavier to talk and Xavier accepted instantly. He was confused since Grizz never contacted him to meet one on one but he figured Grizz wanted to talk about his relationship with Charlotte, either help or advice.

Grizz smiled at Xavier, "Hey man, thanks for agreeing to meet up with me."

"Of course, what's the matter? Does it have to do with you and Char?"

Grizz seemed sheepish, "How did you know?"

Xavier shrugged, "You rarely call me for a personal one on one, and plus, you and Char have barely talked to each other for a few days now. Is there something going with you guys? Is the dating life that boring? Should I just stick to flings?"

Grizz chuckled and shook his head, "It's not that. I just wanted some advice."

Xavier grinned, "And there it is."

Grizz slightly nodded and then looked down at his hands, "Do you think someone could fully decide what they want and who they are at this age?"

Xavier pursed his lips. "Well, it's possible. Some people just have their life together that fast. But," Xavier broke into a small smile, thinking about Miles, "Everyone's different. I said this to Miles and I'll say it to you."

Grizz waited for Xavier to continue.

"Life is long, there's time to switch things up." Xavier repeated. "You may be a soccer player for ten years of your life but then one day, your feelings and thoughts could change and then you can suddenly become a basketball player."

Grizz stared at Xavier, a soft frown on his face. "And what if others don't accept that?"

Xavier snorted and shrugged, "Who cares what they have to say? It's your life. If you're happy with your decision and your life, then that's all that matters. Yeah sure, people will be iffy about your decision but they'll have to accept it someday. Everything takes time."

"What if I decide something but it's too late?"

Xavier eyed Grizz secretly, "Nothing is ever too late. Like I said, everything takes time. Just like what I said with the soccer player, it took that person ten years just to realize that they wanted to pursue a career in basketball."

Grizz nodded and gave Xavier a half smile. "Thanks man, I needed that."

Xavier picked up his glass of water, "So, have you told Char yet?"

Grizz blinked. "Told her what?"

"That you lost feelings for her."

Grizz coughed on his saliva, "H-How did—"

Xavier chuckled, "I may be idiot, but I'm not stupid."

Grizz blinked in confusion at the phrase before shaking his head. "I didn't lose my feelings for her, I'm just not—"

"That attracted to her?"

"How are you so good at this?" Grizz muttered, eyes on Xavier.

Xavier shrugged. "You called me for a reason, Grizz. Plus, I have eyes you know, I could tell you and Char were slowly drifting apart but I just didn't know why." Xavier watched Grizz, leaning towards him. "May I know why?"

Grizz seemed hesitant, making Xavier smile at him softly. "I just feel different, lately. It just suddenly occurred to me, and I wonder to myself if I just hid it all along."

Xavier watched Grizz carefully, "Do you like someone else?"

Grizz softly shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not sure.."