The Party

It's been about two weeks now. Corbyn's been my security for a month now. So far, he's been my friend with benefits, I guess. We've been out on a few dates but nothings come of it.

I hate that I have feelings for him, and he probably doesn't feel the same.

He's also been acting weird lately. He hasn't really talked to me much, and he doesn't sneak into my room at night to cuddle when everyone else is asleep anymore.

Mara and I are going to a party tonight, and I figured, why not make him jealous?

I slide on my silk red dress, that's got a slit up the side. I curl my hair and put on flashy makeup, that'll definitely grab some attention.

I slide on my tall black heels and leave my room, heading towards the door.

Dad stops me at the front door, looking me up and down.

"Marais has the day off tomorrow, so don't stay out too late" He kisses my cheek and walks up the stairs.

My hand reaches to grab my Ferrari keys but a hand comes from behind me, grabbing my Mercedes keys.

I turn around to be face to face with Corbyn. Jonah walks down the stairs, and we head out the door.

Not a word is said as we get into the car and Jonah starts driving.

It's driving me crazy.

"Okay! What's going on? Why have neither of you said a word to me, like all week?" I cross my arms, both boys burst into a fit of laughter

"Damn it! You win" Jonah laughs pulling out his wallet

"I told you, she can't stand the thought of us not talking to her now" Corbyn chuckles, taking the 50 dollar bill from Jonah's hand

"Seriously? You made a bet about me?" I reach over, smacking them both on the shoulder.

"It's only been two days mi amor, but I made an easy 50 bucks" Corbyn turns around, giving me a soft smile, a smile I can't be mad at.

We arrive at the party and the boys already know the drill. Keep a distance but stay close.

We walk inside, and the smell of alcohol immediately fills my nose. I walk towards the kitchen to grab myself a drink, where I see Mara and Jack.

"Hey baby" I whisper in Mara's ear causing her to jump.

"Y/n! You scared me!" Mara smiles pulling me into a hug

"Hey Avery" I smile, hugging Jack as well.

"How's it going kid? You got two stalkers or one today?" Jack chuckles, pulling out of the hug

"Two" I point to one side of the room, where Corbyn is and the other side where Jonah stands.

Corbyn and Jonah don't talk to me when we're out at a party or club. They don't want to chance being seen talking to me in case someone tells Dad. I don't blame them, most people at these parties are a bunch of snakes.

Mara and I dance for most of the night, until I realize my drink is empty, so I walk into the kitchen to grab myself another.

"Can I get you a drink?" I look to my side and see a tall gentleman with jet black hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Um, sure, I'll have whatever you're having" I send him a smile, but the vibe he gives isn't welcoming.

The man turns behind me, pouring our drinks and I see Corbyn shift in his spot, that's when I know something is off. Corbyn doesn't move unless he thinks I'm in trouble.

"Here you go, malady" The man puts down a drink in front of me with a smile. I look in the cup, and it's an unappealing brown colour.

"Y/n! Hurry up!" Mara yells

"Thanks for the drink, I'll see you around" I grab the cup, taking it over to Corbyn, he takes the drink and nods.

"He put something in it, didn't he?" I ask softly. Corbyn just nods slightly. I roll my eyes then head back to Mara.

We dance for a little longer until I feel a body press against my back. I turn around to see the same guy who gave me the drink.

"Can you not? I'm just trying to have fun and you're ruining it" I turn back to face Mara but she's gone. The man wraps his arm around me and grabs onto my throat

"What did you say to me?" He slurs his words

"Let me go" I grab onto his wrist that's tightening around my throat.

"Let's go. Don't make a fucking sound" He says aggressively into my ear.

The man starts dragging me to the door as I try to pull his hand off my throat, digging my nails as hard as I can into his arm. I stay as silent as I can, not wanting to make a scene.

"Hey" Oh thank god

"Look man" The man releases his hand off my throat. "I'm just trying to take my girlfriend-"

He gets cut off by a swift punch to the face from Corbyn, with Jonah standing right beside him. The man drops straight to the floor and Corbyn pulls me into his embrace as a tear escapes my eye.

"Let's go, okay?" He whispers in my ear. I nod into his chest, taking deep breaths

Corbyn pulls out of the hug, as we still have to be professional. Corbyn nods his head towards the door and I walk out first, Jonah and Corbyn both follow behind me.

I crawl into the back seat of the car, I look down, silently crying as Jonah and Corbyn get into the car as well.

I feel a set of arms wrap around me and pull me into their chest. Just by the smell of the cologne, I know it's Corbyn.

"Take us home, we've got to tell her father what happened" Corbyn tells Jonah as he pulls out of our parking spot and heading down the street

"No, please don't. I don't want him to know" I beg

"Y/n, he tried to kidnap you" Corbyn kisses the top of my head.

"He was drunk, he just wanted a fuck. Please don't take me home, he'll never let me out of the house"

"Y/n" Jonah whispers, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"I'll text my dad, saying I'm staying at Mara's. Just take me to a hotel or something" I whisper softly.

"Do you just want to stay at our place?" Corbyn asks running a hand through my hair. I nod softly.

Corbyn takes my phone from my hand, texting my dad saying I'll be with Mara.

Corbyn's phone buzzes shortly after, Dad messages him asking if I really am staying, he says yes and that they'll both be staying with me.

My body continues to shake in fear as I lightly rub a hand on my throat where the man gripped so tightly.

There was nothing but evil and hatred in his eyes, eyes that'll haunt me for the next while. I partially think, maybe, that's what he wanted.