The Letter

*Y/n POV*

Mara brought me back to her house, so we could catch up and talk. At first, I didn't want to, I offered us to go to my house since I didn't want to be close to, any of them but Mara insisted. They still make me nervous.

Mara promised I wouldn't have to see him, but Jack wanted to see me, so here we are, in their living room.

"Oh Y/n, let's go to my room, so we can talk before I grab Jack" Mara smiles walking towards the stairs.

"Hey Y/n, what are you doing here?" Jonah pants as if he was just running.

"She's here to hangout with me. Back off Jo" Mara chuckles as I grab Matthew out of the stroller and grab his diaper bag before going up the stairs with Mara.

She walks me past a few rooms, telling me who's room is where until she tells me the maids room is in the middle of everyone else's.

That's weird.

Mara opens a door and goes into the room, sitting on the large bed inside. I walk in, cradling Matthew a little tighter, almost scared to move closer.

"Did you get my note?" Mara smiles, patting the bed beside her

"No, I'm sorry"

"Jonah has it, ask him for it. Read it alone"
I sit down beside Mara in her bed, giving her a worried look, but she looks past me, smiling at the door way.

"Hey baby" I look to where Mara is looking, seeing Jack standing in the doorway, with red splattered on his once white shirt.

"Hi babe" Jack walks over, kissing Mara's forehead, then pulling his shirt over his head. "How are you Y/n? I'm sorry about the-" He stares at the scars

"Don't. I'm okay, how are you?" I hesitate to answer, still scared of what he did to me last time I saw him

"Can I hold him?" Jack asks and Mara widens her eyes, she shakes her head and he takes a step back.

"Um, sure" I want to pretend that I'm not scared of them. I don't want them to think they have some power over me because of what they did, even though they do.

Jack puts on a shirt, then comes over to grab Matthew from my arms. I hesitate but hand him over. Jack walks over to the door with Matthew and I stand up off the bed

"Jack!" Mara shouts

"What?" Jack turns back around seeing me standing up, looking scared

"Oh, I was just going to see Jonah in his room. I'm sorry" Jack walks back over but I put my hand out to stop him

"It's okay, just, um, please keep him away from Zach" Jack chuckles lightly but nods his head before leaving the room.

Mara and I sit and talk, just to catch up on things that have happened in life but she blows past everything about the mafia.

I keep trying to bring things up, but I never get a straight answer.

"Can you please, just tell me one thing?" I interrupt Mara's talk about how her and Jack want a cat

"Depends what it is" Mara sighs

"What did they do to Corbyn?"

"I wasn't there Y/n, I don't know, but just, read my note"

"I'm going to find Jack, Matthew probably needs a bottle by now"

I smile leaving Mara's room, as politely as I can. I head down the hallway, trying to figure out which one Mara told me was Jonah's. I go down the hall and stop in the middle, I think she said it was this one.

I open the door and hear Mara shout

"Y/n! No!"

I open the door fully, seeing it full of science and space stuff. There's a few guitars on the walls and there's star lights on the ceiling.

It's like they took Corbyn's room from his old house and put it in here.

My eyes start to water as I take a step into the room, just taking it in. It even smells like him.

"Nope, come on" Jonah's voice behind me startles me but I continue to look around.

"Y/n, come on" Jonah walks in front of me, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. He carries me down the stairs and places me at the bottom.

"Why- Why do you have all his stuff?" I wipe my eyes before Jack hands me back Matthew.

"His brother didn't want to be reminded of him, so we took his stuff to remember him" Jonah says, walking to the door, handing me a bag

"Jonah, tell her" Mara whispers just loud enough for me to hear

"No" He whispers back

"What's in the bag?" I place Matthew in the stroller, just ready to head out the door

"Stuff we want you to have" Jonah walks me to the door

"Someone's coming over, can you leave now?" Zach smirks walking past me, purposely hitting his shoulder onto mine.

Just being in Zach's presence sends an unwanted ptsd feeling over my body. My body begins to shake as I get images of his shoes connecting to my face at a high speed.

Zach looks back at me, scanning over my face with a smile, as if he's satisfied with his work.

"You look good" Zach chuckles before Jonah pushes him to the floor

"What did I fucking say?" Jonah snaps

"Right, stay as long as you want, blow our cover, who cares?" Zach snaps back, getting himself off the floor

"I'll go, it was nice seeing... some of you" I walk out the door with Matthew and the bag Jonah gave me.

I keep thinking about Mara's letter.

I race home and set Matthew down for a nap. I rip open the bag, seeing a box and a letter.

I open the box seeing the money I once gave Jordan. I roll my eyes before opening the letter and for some reason, it makes my body shiver.

'Ask to meet Charlie'