You're Welcome

It's been three days. Three days since I last held Matthew in my arms, three days since I last heard from Corbyn.

Jonah gave me Esther's number before they left, so I've been FaceTiming her, just to be able to see Matthew. I do have to FaceTime her in the bathroom though, we told Esther we were going on vacation, that's why we needed her to babysit.

I feel bad, I've been FaceTiming her every few hours. She says it's okay but I know I'm only annoying her.

"Y/n! Come here!"

And there's Zach. He's been trying to make things right with me, in all the wrong ways. He's offered money and sex, as if I'd ever want either of those things, especially from him.

"Yes, Zachary?" I lean against his doorway, seeing him trying to get out of bed

"I have to go to the bathroom" He lets out a low groan, clearly in pain

Merisha has the day off today, so I'm in charge of Zach. I told her I'd take care of Zach but I made no promises that he'd be alive when she got back. Merisha thought I was joking, Zach and I both know I'm not.

"Well, that sucks" I chuckle, getting ready to leave

"Come on, I don't need you to hold my hand, I just need help getting there" Zach pleads, and just an ounce of me feels bad for him until he opens his mouth again

"I mean, if you wanna shower with me too, we can work that out" He winks while I roll my eyes

"Let's go, asshole"

I walk over, wrapping his arm around my shoulder so I can help him walk. He whispers a curse word with every step he takes and I can't help but smirk. Seeing Zach weak sends almost a wave of satisfaction over me. He's no longer the tough asshole, he's vulnerable.

"Okay, you can just wait out there" Zach lightly smiles, grabbing onto the bathroom counter.

I nod my head, closing the door behind me. I stand outside the door, humming to myself so I don't hear anything I don't want to.

"Okay, I'm done" I hear Zach call out

"Wash you hands"

I smile as Zach scoffs. I hear the tap run but I know he isn't doing anything.

"Actually wash them, Zach"

"How did you even know?"

"I didn't, but now I do"

"Damn it" Zach mumbles, starting to wash his hands.

"I'm done, can you help me now?" I can feel him roll his eyes through the door.

I open the door, seeing Zach leaning against the counter with his left leg in the air. I wrap his arm around me, slowly getting him back in bed.

He gives me a shy smile before playing on his phone

"You're welcome" I scoff before leaving his room.

"What did you say?" Zach shouts

"I said you're damn welcome!"

"Oh fuck off, leave me alone!" I walk back into his room, ready to rip his head off.

"Why can't you just say thank you for once? I'm not your damn servant, I could've left you there to crawl to the bathroom or better yet, I could've left you to piss your pants. But no, I wouldn't have done that to Merisha because she would've had to clean your nasty piss soaked pants and she deserves better than that"

"You don't deserve a fucking thank you. If anything, you should be taking care of me! You shot me! You're lucky you aren't dead right now! If Corbyn didn't knock you up than he would've killed you on the spot for even holding a gun near us!" Zach snaps back

"Corbyn would never kill anyone" I whisper, not even believing myself

"Yeah? What do you think happened to Garrett? He didn't just disappear. Corbyn shot him in the basement about 30 seconds before you got here that day" Zach smirks, knowing he's won.

"Do you need anything else or can I go?"

"Just leave"

I've had enough. I can't take being cooped up in this house with Zach for one more second.

I run down the stairs and out the front door, slamming it shut so Zach knows I left.

I should be fine just taking a walk around the block, I just need to clear my head. I can't keep staying at the house like a prisoner.

I missed the fresh air, the feeling of the sun heat hitting my body. I stop at the side walk in front of the house just to take a deep breath. Three days felt like three years with Zach.

When I make it just a few houses down, I start to feel eyes burning into my skin, as if I'm being watched, followed.

I lightly try to turn around, trying to make it seem as casual as I can, like I'm stretching, to see a black van, driving slowly behind me.

I try to pick up my speed without them knowing I see them following me, hoping I can quickly get to my house before anything bad happens.

I hear car doors open and I take off running towards my house, knowing whoever it is, is now after me.

Just as I get up the drive way, a loud bang is heard and I fall to the ground, screaming in agony.