Ethan

*Corbyn POV*

"She's good. I've just been trying to keep her distracted so she's not so worried about Matthew. Speaking of which, could you bring him to the house? You too, pack a bag, you'll be staying with us for a bit" I panic, rushing my words out too fast but still hoping she'll understand

"What? Staying with you guys?" She chuckles

"Yes, it's an emergency" I hang up the call before she has a chance to say anything further.

"Gang meeting, now" I look between Daniel and Jonah before heading up the stairs.

Mara and Jack are both in the kitchen, cooking a late dinner.

"Zach! Gang meeting, now!" I shout up the stairs

"Hey dumbass! I can't walk!" Zach shouts back

"Then crawl, bitch!"

Jonah and Daniel come running up the basement stairs as Mara and Jack step into the living room. I leave Zach to fend for himself as I motion everyone to sit on the couches.

"Esther is coming with Matthew so we can keep an eye on them both. Mara, I need you to hack into the security cameras at Y/n's house, see if they caught anything" Mara's always been our best hacker, I know she'll get it done no problem

"Jack, I need you to keep an eye out for Y/n's father. He comes by every Tuesday and Saturday, so he might be coming by tomorrow. Make sure there's no sign of her being gone to create suspicion" Jack's always been best at creating a diversion and sneaking around without getting caught.

"Daniel, I need you with Mara. If she finds anything, I need you to run plate numbers and if we're lucky, facial recognition" Daniel nods, he's best with the technology side of things

"Jonah, do whatever, just make it useful" Jonah smiles as I know he doesn't like being told what to do.

"I'm going outside, looking for any type of clue to bring us a little closer to finding her"

"Is the meeting over?" I look up towards the stairs, seeing Zach hobble his way down, clutching into the railing so he doesn't fall

"It's over, go back to your room" Jack says, causing everyone to chuckle under their breath

"You're fucking kidding" Zach's jaw drops as Mara makes a shooing motion with her hand

"Well, since you're up, you can go make sure we have all the weapons we need and make sure amo is fully stocked" I smirk, crossing my arms

"You want me to go to the basement? With no railing? By myself?" Zach's harden face turns soft as I glare death in his direction. He nods his head, hopping on one foot to the basement door.

"You gotta go easy on him man, he's still healing" Daniel protests, crossing his arms on his chest

"He got Y/n kidnapped, he's lucky he's not dead"

"What about Yere? Y/n's already missed two support group meetings, she's going to start worrying soon" Jonah pipes in

"How did you know she goes to support groups?"

"Your car has a tracker, dude"

"I'll text her!" Zach's voice muffles as he's still making his way down the stairs

I give everyone a confused look, trying to figure out how Zach has her number, but I let it slide, that's not what's important right now.

I throw the hood up on my all black sweater, hoping it'll hide my face before walking out of the house.

I walk to the sidewalk, pulling out my phone, scrolling through the texts to find Merishas name. I scroll up to find the photo she sent me of the van that was once parked outside of the house.

I look up, seeing Jack's car parked in the spot the van once sat. I quickly cross the road and walk up to Jack's car, looking around and under the car, looking for anything that could give me a clue.

After a ten minute search and nothing found, I gave up. I look around the street, looking towards Y/n's house where Jack is cleaning. I spot something shining in the sun in her driveway, so I start making my way over.

"Hey Corbs, you might want to see this!" Daniel's voice takes me out of my focus on her drive way.

I nod to Daniel and run back into the house. He walks over to Mara in front of her laptop so I stand behind her at the kitchen table.

"Play it" I whisper, looking at the screen that's a paused video of Y/n's driveway.

Mara presses play and the video rolls. Y/n runs up her driveway, almost making it to her door before falling to the ground. Two men come running into frame, both with guns pointed at her. One of the men rips the gun out of the other men's hand and looks like he's yelling at him. They weren't meant to shoot her.

The man with the guns hits Y/n on the head and her body goes limp, he knocked her out cold. The other man grabs Y/n's body and carries her into the van.

My body tingles as they take Y/n out of camera sight. As soon as she's gone from my sight, my fist clenches and my whole body heats up.

"Just wait" Mara whispers before a man runs back onto screen, placing something down in her driveway.

The shiny thing I was once after.

"Go back, just before the guy places that on the ground" Mara rewinds the tape and pauses it on the frame I needed.

"That tattoo. Why do I recognize that tattoo?" I point to the man who knocked out Y/n, seeing he has a large sparrow tattoo on his wrist

"I ran the plate numbers for the van, belongs to a Ethan Penner" Daniel holds up his laptop for me to take.

"No, no, that's not right, that can't be" I read the information on the screen, taking it all in

"Everything good?" Daniel studies my face, that's when it all hits me

"Remember how I said I drunkenly killed that  mafia bosses assistant but let his girlfriend live because I felt bad for her?"

"Uh, yeah, I think so"

"His girlfriend is currently in our basement" I close the laptop, handing it back to him.

"But that was years ago, he couldn't still have a car in his name"

"Yeah, he probably has my girlfriend in his basement too" Mara looks at me in shock until she realizes that Ethan was the man with the sparrow tattoo.

Ethan was the first kill I ever made when I joined the mafia. It was a drunken dare more than anything.

Our mafia leader at the time, Mason, and I went out for drinks at an old pub that was mostly known in the mafia community.

Ethan dumped his drink on me, as he was already drunk and wasn't a fan of all the mafia around that wasn't apart of his crew.

Our old leader, Mason kept edging me on to do something, telling me to do something about it or I'd never earn anyone's respect.

I declined as I didn't want to make a scene but Mason insisted as he placed his gun, with a silencer onto the table.

My eyes went wide as I took the gun off the table, looking at it down in my lap.

I looked at Mason as he nodded his head towards Ethan, walking back to his table.

My eyes went wide, but I knew I had to do it to get into the gang. I took a deep breath then shot him in the back, three times