Breakfast

*Jonah POV*

I wake up, way too early in the morning for my day off. The sun from Y/n's balcony doors is shining directly on my face.

I move around slightly, realizing I've got my arm wrapped around her, holding onto her tightly into my chest.

I quickly take my arm off from around her, and she starts wiggling around, as if she's upset I took my arm away.

Her eyes flutter open, sparkling as the morning sun hits them. She smiles lightly before stretching out her arms, letting out a soft squeak.

"Good morning" Y/n smiles brightly before rubbing her eyes

"Morning, what time is it?" She asks, curling back up in her blanket

"It's almost 8" Y/n's eyes shoot back open and she quickly sits up in her bed.

"Shit, shit" She mumbles, throwing the blanket off of her and running to her closet.

I get out of bed, slowly walking towards her in the closet, trying to figure out why she's panicking.

"Y/n? What's going on?" I stand outside her closet door, as I don't want to accidentally walk in on her changing again.

"You have to go! My dad is coming by at 8!" She walks out of the closet, dressed in a pair of leggings and a large sweater that I think is Corbyns.

"I'll go, just call me if you need anything" I smile at Y/n as the doorbell rings, I see panic  arise in her face.

"I'm so fucked" She whispers

"Y/n! Sweetheart! It's time to go for breakfast!" Her father yells through out the empty first floor.

"I'll sneak off the balcony, it's fine" I try to reassure her

"Jonah, it's a 20 foot drop" We walk out to her balcony and I look down. It doesn't seem that far, I've jumped from higher.

"Have a good breakfast" I kiss her cheek then jump over the railing, landing perfectly onto my feet, just in my socks. Shit, my shoes.

I look up, seeing Y/n panicking, looking down. I give her a light wave before running and hopping her fence into the neighbours yard. I keep going through backyards until I make it to my house.

I try to go through the back door but it's locked, so I knock on the all glass door, seeing Daniel and Corbyn eating breakfast at the table.

Both of them turn to see me and give me confused looks but Daniel comes to open the door, with a laugh.

"You good there buddy?" Daniel jokes as I walk into the house, still in just my pyjamas. At least it's just sweats and a shirt, rather than my Batman pyjamas.

"Yeah, just went for a little jog. Had a few hurtles in my way" I chuckle to myself, going to the kitchen for a cup of coffee

"Why did you jog in that? Where's your shoes, dude?" Corbyn shakes his head, finishing his breakfast.

"How are you feeling, bud? I had to get you from Y/n's place last night, completely wasted" I ignore his questions and sit down across from Corbyn as he lets out a heavy breath

"I know, I feel so bad. I was just about to head over to apologize" Corbyn gets up, putting his plate in the dishwasher

"Do it later, she just went out for breakfast with her father" Fuck.

"How do you know?" I roll my eyes at myself for being so stupid

"When I was jogging, I saw her and Matthew getting into his car" I've always been a decent liar

"Oh, uh, thanks" Corbyn gives me an odd look, but heads up the stairs to his room.

Daniel chuckles to himself, making it aware that he knows I lied.

"Where were you actually? Your ass doesn't jog this early on our day off, especially with no shoes, you psychopath" He smiles, spinning his spoon around his almost empty bowl of Cheerios

"I stayed at Y/n's place. She was a little scared after Corbyn burst into her house, so I stayed in her guest room" I sip my coffee, it's not a total lie.

"Already after Corbyn's ex girl, huh?" Daniel jokes almost causing me to choke on my hot coffee

"Nah, it's nothing like that"

"Yeah, sure man" He laughs, getting up to put his dishes away.

Corbyn would literally kill me if I ever thought of Y/n in any way besides a sister, and luckily for him, I don't. I'll protect Y/n the same way I'd protect Esther or Svea.

I grab my coffee without saying another word and I walk upstairs towards my bedroom.

My bedroom door is cracked open which is weird because I always keep it closed, whether I'm in it or not. I push open the door, letting it fly open to see Corbyn sitting in my bed, playing with a knife in his hands.

"You alright?" Corbyn looks up, giving me a weak smile.

He nods his head, ushering me towards the bed. I place my coffee down on my desk before going to sit on the opposite end of the bed. Knowing this conversation can't be good if he's got a weapon.

"I know you went back there last night. What did she say?" He keeps his head down, watching himself spin the knife

"She asked about the plan-"

"Did you tell her?" He finally looks up at me

"I told her my side of the story" Corbyn sighs

"Look, I know she didn't give you a chance to explain anything yesterday, and showing up at her house drunk, wasn't the best idea but it's clear she misses you, she still wears your clothes" I try giving Corbyn some hope, I'm just hoping it's not false hope

"I don't even know what happened. I Ubered home and I remember being in our driveway but the next thing I knew I was knocking on her front door" Corbyn folds up the pocket knife before placing it into his pocket

"It's okay dude, you love her, anyone would've done what you did after finally reconnecting with an old love"

Corbyn gets up off my bed, stretching his arms above his head before turning around to look at me.

"What should I do?"

"Go talk to her when she gets back, but don't do it just because you want her back, do it for your son too" I smile, feeling awfully wise this morning

"Thanks Jonah, for everything"

"What? I didn't do anything" I laugh, knowing I've actually done a lot for Y/n since we left her alone but none of it Corbyn is aware of

"You were protecting her, you still are. I just really appreciate everything you've done for her, and for me. Thank you"

Is now the part where I tell him gangs are after her because of him?

No.