Stay Away

*Corbyn POV*

I made it to the beach, sitting close to the waters edge. It's brings me peace at mind with all the shit that's happened lately.

I sit away from most people, just enjoying the sunset. Well, I was until I hear quiet laughter that once brought me peace but now brings me worry.

I look to my right and see Y/n setting out a blanket for Matthew.

Why? Why now? Why this beach?

I hear Y/n quietly start to sing a song I always sung around her house when no one was around. Did she hear me singing it?

I find myself mouthing the words along with her singing, but I quickly stop myself.

I pull out my phone texting Jonah that I need a rescue. There's no way I'll get out of here without being seen if I don't have any help.

Not long after Jonah comes with Jack and Mara. They sit and talk to Y/n for a bit and my phone starts to ring. I look, seeing Zach's name come up.

"What?" I growl, not in the mood for any of his bullshit

"I'm headed to Y/n's house now, just figured you should know, her and I are going to be best friends" Zach snickers, I can't help but laugh

"Yeah, I'm sure she'll answer the door for you. Let me know how it goes" I quickly hang up the phone and Jonah comes walking over.

"Leave" He whispers

"Okay, thanks for coming to save me" He nods nervously.

I get up from the ground and Jonah looks more nervous. I dust myself off, trying to keep my direction facing any way except towards Y/n.

"Hurry up dude!"

"Charlie?" Y/n's soft voice spoke beside us.

I don't know what comes over me. I know I should run and hide or pretend like that's not who I'm pretending to be but I can't.

I can finally stop running from her.

I take off my sunglasses, and Jonah tries to jump in front of me. I make direct eye contact with Y/n and her skin goes pale.

"Corbyn?" Y/n whispers taking a step back

"Mi amor" I whisper back, pulling off the hood of my jacket.

"You- I thought- But they said-" Y/n takes a step back with every word she says.

"Please, let me explain" I step closer but she holds out her hand, signalling me to stop

"I thought you were dead! Why did everyone let me believe you died!?" Panic and surprise no longer lingers her body, it's now just hatred and I should've expected it.

I knew I wasn't getting a welcome back party.

"It was easier if you thought I was-"

"Easier for who, huh? You?! Good for you. I was left alone, with no one but our son that I had to take care of, alone! I can't believe you'd do that to me" A tear escapes her eye but she wipes it as I take a step closer

"Please, let me explain, mi amor" I feel my heart ache for her.

Every chance to come back was a chance I should've taken.

"No"

"What? No?"

"Stay away from me"

I never thought I'd ever feel my heart shatter like it did hearing those 4 small words. My throat gets dry as tears threaten to leave my eyes.

I watch her grab Matthew and the rest of her stuff before going back to her car.

I so badly want to run after her, and I think Jonah knows as he places a hand on my shoulder, not letting me move.

I throw my hood back on my head, and start running to my car. Tears blind my way, and I accidentally run into someone in the parking lot.

"Sorry" I mumble quickly, just wanting to get back to my car

"Charlie! What are you doing here!?" Vanessa shouts overly cheerfully, what is she doing here?

"I can't do this right now Ness, just go talk to Jonah or something" I go to walk past her

"Who's Jonah?"

I freeze. Shit.

"Justin, sorry"

I hear her try to say more but I ignore it and go to my car. I get in, putting the key in the ignition but I don't move, I don't think I can. I turn on the radio as loud as it can be and just scream.

I scream, hitting the steering wheel, over and over again.

I lost her, again. I had a plan, to let her in slowly, but she found out before I got my chance.

I scream again, until I hear the passenger side door open. I look to see Mara getting in quietly.

"How did she know?"

"What do you mean?" She gets nervous, shifting in her seat

"How did Y/n know about Charlie?"

"I told her" Mara whispers

"You told her what, exactly?" I clutch my hands around the steering wheel causing my knuckles to turn white.

I already know the answer, but I want to hear her say it

"I told her to ask to meet Charlie. She never stopped talking about you Corbyn. She deserved to know you were okay"

"Get out"

"Corbyn, come on"

"Get the fuck out Mara!" I shout, causing her to flinch back. She nods her head before quickly getting out.

I know I shouldn't have yelled at her. Jack is gonna have my head on a stick once he finds out I yelled at his girl but I couldn't care less right now.

I pull out of the parking spot, I race past Vanessa as it looks like she hasn't moved since I told her to leave me alone.

Fuck, I just need a drink.