I'm a Monster

*Corbyn POV*

"Uh, you had some question?" I whisper faintly, already trying to establish what Esther is going to say and what my answers will be.

"What happened to Y/n? She looked dead while you carried her up the stairs" Esther hesitates but she wants answers

"She is malnourished, she had an issue with family so she kept forgetting to eat. A doctor is taking a look at her right now"

"So, you two didn't go on vacation?" Esther crosses her arms, making me chuckle as she thinks she can intimidate me

"We did, we just left town for a couple days. She missed Matthew too much so we came back early but before we could call you, she got a call from her father with a family emergency" I play off the situation calmly. Esther's body loosens as she lets her guard down.

"Okay, I guess. Is it okay if I leave now? I haven't been back to my apartment all week"

"Yeah, thank you for staying while we sorted out Y/n's family issue" Jonah steps in, letting his sister leave as he feels like it's safe enough

Esther grabs her bag, giving Jonah a hug before leaving out the door.

I look around the room, seeing Mara and Jack cuddled up together as they haven't seen each other much lately with the mission. Jack doesn't let her come when we know there will be a lot of shooting, he wants her safe.

Daniel and Jonah go to the kitchen while Zach looks down at his phone, smiling like an idiot.

"What's got you so happy?" I sit down beside Zach, holding Matthew close.

"Um, I'm going out" Zach quickly locks his phone so I can't see

"You made me carry your bitch ass up the stairs but you're going out? What's her name?" I smirk

"Wh- What? No one! I'm going to see no one!" Zach shouts knowing he's guilty

"He's going to see Yere!" Jonah shouts from the kitchen

"And does Y/n know you're sleeping with her friend?" I smirk, knowing she'd never let that happen

"I'm not sleeping with her, it's just dinner" Zach protests, getting his shoes on at the door

"What? Zach taking a girl on a date?" Jack chuckles

"Okay, bye!" Zach yells, hobbling out the door

I sit quietly as everyone involves themselves in conversation. I sit and watch over Matthew, sleeping peacefully until a throat is cleared causing everyone to look up.

The doctor stands in front of the door as he looks like he's just about ready to leave.

"She'll be fine. She's got an IV giving her fluids to keep her hydrated. Her shot wound is fine, whoever she was with took care of it properly. You just have to take out her IV when she's stable enough. Daniel, I know you know how to change IV bags, so you're in charge of that. I'll send you my bill" The doctor nods, walking out ever so casually.

I stand up, taking Matthew to Zach's room as we know he won't be back until morning. I lay him in the middle of the bed, setting up a little blanket barrier, in case he randomly gets close to the edge, he won't fall off.

I make my way into my room to see Y/n's once pale body turn back to colour with the well needed hydration.

I walk over to my bedside, brushing the hair off her forehead so I'm able to see her full face. I lightly take a seat on the bed beside her, not once taking my eyes off her.

"I'm sorry mi amor. I'm so sorry I let this happen to you. I promised I'd protect you and I let you down, again and again" I take a deep breath, not allowing myself to cry.

Y/n makes me weak, that's why she keeps getting targeted by people who want me dead. I made her weak too. She's no longer the sassy, confident girl she once was. She's now scared, traumatized.

I should've stayed dead. As soon as she thought I died, I should've left LA, I should've went elsewhere, especially when we saw her move on the same street.

I'm not safe for her, I'm a monster.

"I love you, mi amor" I kiss her forehead before leaving the room.

I start walking down the hall and bump shoulders with someone as I go.

"Sorry" I mumble, not picking my head up.

"Were you just in there? Does she need new fluid?" Daniel's voice asks. I shrug in response, going down the stairs.

"Someone help me. Let's get her body out of here before it stinks"

~

Jonah, Daniel and I hangout on the couch watching movies as it hits 3 in the morning.

Jack and Mara were smart and went to sleep hours ago. I, having to sleep on our couch, am just waiting for these two douchebags to go to sleep so I can actually lay down, but no, tonight is 'movie night'

We've never had movie night before.

"Do you hear that?" Jonah whispers, pausing the movie.

Daniel and I listen in, trying to hear what Jonah heard.

I start to hear the sound of faint sobs and whimpering coming from up the stairs.

"Mara?" Daniel whispers

All of a sudden the sobs turn into loud screams. The three of us jump up, Daniel grabbing his gun from the coffee table.

"Y/n?" I take off running up the stairs, Daniel and Jonah follow.

I burst through my room door, seeing Y/n sitting up, with her hands over her ears, screaming with tears running down her soft cheeks.

I run and sit in front of her in bed. I pull her into my embrace, putting a hand on her lower back and one behind her neck, holding her as close as I can.

"I'm here, mi amor. You're safe, you're at home, I've got you" I whisper softly, running my hand up and down her back

I look towards the door, seeing Jonah and Daniel, still with guns in their hands. I shoo them away so we can be alone and Jonah politely closes the door.

"What happened mi amor?"

"I- I had a nightmare. He- he was-"

"Shh, it's okay, you're safe now" I cut off her stutters as her voice comes out hoarse, as if she's just learning how to talk again

Y/n sobs into my bare chest as quiet as she can, seeing how dark it is from the moon shining into my window. Her body shakes a little less as her breathing becomes steady again.

I lay her down in bed, kissing her forehead, I get out of bed so she can get more comfortable.

"Corbyn?" She whispers, reaching a hand out for me.

"Yes, I'm here" I kneel down beside the bed, so I'm closer to her level

"Can you stay with me?"

"Of course, amor"

I climb back into the bed beside her, wrapping my arm around her waist. Y/n grabs ahold of my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

I pull her into me, so my exposed chest is pressed against her back. I rest my head on her shoulder, and I listen to her breathing, making sure she falls asleep first.

I rub my thumb across her stomach, falling asleep myself to her soft breathing and steady heartbeat.