Dead By Now

"It's an eye for an eye" Jonah calls out, bringing me back from my memory I thought I knew so well.

"What do you mean?" I look over to Jonah as he stands against the fridge, drinking his coffee

"As long as Vanessa is here and alive, Y/n will be there, alive. As soon as things go south, Y/n will probably-"

"Okay, I get it"

I rub my fingers on my temples, trying to figure out how to go about this without destroying Y/n's chances to make it out alive.

Mara and Daniel transfer information between themselves, trying to figure out an address on where we could possible find Ethan.

"I cleaned the blood off her driveway, but I found this" Jack runs in the front door, handing me a glass figure of a bird.

Ethan's calling card.

"How much blood was there?"

"Not a lot, I say they just shot her in the ankle" I nod to Jack and he takes off running back outside.

"You alright bud?" Jonah chuckles.

The three of us look towards where Jonah is looking, seeing Zach crawling up the basement stairs, looking exhausted

"She, uh, Vanessa is awake" Zach huffs out before flopping onto his back on the ground in front of the door.

"Where's Esther?" I look up towards Jonah, walking past him

"She should be here any minute" Jonah pulls out his phone to look at the time

"Keep her busy, don't tell her anything" Jonah nods as I head down the stairs to the basement.

I walk down, seeing her groan, clearly in pain. I grab the chair from the desk, placing it in front of her and taking a seat.

"So, Natalia, where's Ethan?" I pull out my pack of cigarettes, smacking the top of the pack against my thigh

"You've figured it out, huh?" She throws her head back, smiling, showing her now broken front tooth.

"It wasn't hard. We're in a rich neighbourhood, everyone has security cameras" I pull out a cigarette, placing it between my lips. "Want one?"

Natalia nods her head, so I pull out another cigarette. I go to place it in her mouth, but crumble it between my fingers in front of her eyes.

"They're here" Jonah speaks as he walks down the stairs.

I pull out my zippo lighter, sparking it causing a flame. I nod to Jonah, so he knows I heard him before lighting the end of the cigarette. I take a deep inhale before it gets ripped out of my mouth and thrown onto the ground.

"Your son is upstairs, seriously?" Jonah stomps on the cigarette, crushing it beneath his shoe.

I get up from the chair, more mad than ever now that Jonah crushed my well needed nicotine. I kick the chair I was on behind me, making it hit the wall with a loud bang.

"Where the fuck is she?!" I shout with all the energy I have inside me, feeling like I'm about to burst into flames

"Stop looking, she's probably dead by now" Natalia smirks. I go to slap her across the face but the sound of the door stops me in my place.

"I have an address!" Daniel yells down the stairs

"Get Zach down here. As soon as I give Zach the signal, I want her dead"

*Y/n POV*

"Just tell me where Corbyn is keeping Natalia!"

It's been two days, or two hours, I've lost track of time. It could be anywhere between 10 minutes and 10 days, everything just seems to be blurred together.

I'm being kept in a small room, tied to yet another chair. The room is a lot smaller than the one Jonah kept me in, this room is about 5 feet wide.

I've only had two men interact with me, the same ones that kidnapped me. I know there's more men out there, I can hear their voices, it sounds like too many to try anything.

"Answer me!" A hard sting on my right cheek causes my head to fly to the left

"I- I don't know. I don't know who Natalia is" My voice comes out hoarse from not having much water or food since I've gotten here

"You're lying! You talked to her!" The man covered in tattoos hits me again, harder

"I talked to a Vanessa, not a Natalia" I close my eyes, fighting my tears. I don't want to show any sign of weakness but it hurts so damn bad

"Vanessa is her cover name, her name is Natalia. Call her by her name!" The man punches my mouth straight on, making my lip instantly feel twice it's size.

"I don't know where she is, okay? Corbyn was looking for her when you took me" I plead but I know it's not going to help me

"You really love him, don't you?" The man holds Corbyn's chain, dangling from his hand, as he ripped it off my neck not too long ago

"I- I really do"

"I will do whatever in my power to make sure he's dead, just for you" He slaps my already numb cheek

A tall bald man walks into the room, handing the man neck to toe in tattoos a cell phone. He puts the phone up to his ear, brushing his large hand through his short brown hair.

The man smiles before locking his dark brown eyes on mine. He hangs up the phone before handing it to the bald man, and he leaves.

"I was just informed how cute of a kid Matthew is. Who's he with? Esther, right?"

As those words fall from his mouth, my heart stops. They can't have Matthew, Corbyn and Jonah promised he'd be safe with Esther.

"There's no way" I mumble causing the man to laugh

"One of my men is bringing him right-"

Everything falls silent as a loud gun shot is heard, then another and another. An all out war sounds like is going on outside the door.

I put my head down, facing my lap as I prepare for the worst.

The man runs behind me, I hear a gun cock then the barrel rests on the back of my head. I take a deep breath, praying to anyone or anything that this isn't the end.

The door handle jiggles but doesn't open as the man must've locked the door. Two loud shots are heard coming in my direction then a loud thud of the door hitting the floor echos the room.

"Ah, fancy seeing you again" The man behind me chuckles, pressing the gun to my head a little harder

"Let her go Ethan. It's me that you want, right? She's got nothing to do with this" I look up, seeing Corbyn standing at the door with a black mask on and his gun raised

"Where's Natalia?" Tears fill my eyes, Corbyn's here, it's going to be okay

"We've got her in the car outside. Give me
Y/n and you can have Natalia" Corbyn slowly takes a step into the room, closing the already small space between us

"No, bring me Natalia!" Ethan grabs ahold of my hair, pulling it down so I'm staring at the ceiling.

I close my eyes as he pulls my hair, wrenching in pain. I'm so fucking sick of people pulling my hair.

As I open my eyes, I see the tiles on the ceiling move. Curiosity gets the best of me and I watch, seeing one of the tiles being lifted and Jack's head pops out of the ceiling.

He places a finger over his mouth, signalling me to be quiet, so Ethan doesn't suspect anything