Chapter 3 - A small step forward

The tavern went silent after the goddess and the hooded figure left.

"Finn, are you all right?"

Riveria walked to Finn as she broke the silence.

"Yeah... Riveria... "Who exactly is she?"

"I didn't know... she named herself as Artia, but I remembered that voice somewhere."

"My thumbs were shaking nonstop, even as we speak now... I'm pretty sure that person is serious about destroying the Orario."

Everyone from Loki's familia gasped when they heard their leader's words.

"Mia... who is she? Did you know her?"

Mia let out a sigh.

"Yeah, listen, Finn, you better not mess with her, and just pray that her child didn't end up dying tonight. If not, then by tomorrow Orario will be wiped out."

=

In the dungeon

How many times have passed since Bell Cranel delved into the dungeon, he lost count of it himself.

He lost count of how many times he swung his sword.

(I hate myself)

Swing, swing, He kept swinging into any monster that came at him

Every time the monster attacked him, he felt pain. Sometimes he screamed.

But those pains were nothing compared to his heart, which was screaming right now.

(I hate the weakling me who did nothing but hoping something will change!)

(I hate myself who thought I can stand with her without doing anything!)

When he noticed, a group of war shadows appeared around him.

(Am I on floor 6!?)

Eina-san told me that a group of war shadows are extremely dangerous for newbies. Do I retreat now?

(Ahh shit! There we go again. All I can think is running away, And I want to stay at her side? Don't joke with me! If I want to stand by her side, I need to do this! I need to keep running!)

Steeling himself, Bell Cranel charged at them.

"HEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

=

"Alfia, calm down. I can still feel my connection with Bell. He is still alive."

"Can't do Artemis. It's already dawn! And Bell hasn't returned!"

Artemis tried to calm Alfia down, but she was worried sick about Bell herself.

But then they saw a figure of the kid striding across the early sky while covered in blood.

They both rushed to help Bell, who was on the verge of collapsing.

"Bell!" Shouted Alfia

"Alfia..... Goddess.... I want to get stronger....."

Alfia's eyes widened, and her heart began to beat faster.

She has been watching Bell ever since she survived the great war.

She is well aware that Bell, like his parents, was not cut out to be an adventurer.

He ran away just from the slightest pain. He cowers at the sight of a mere goblin outside the village.

She only intended to see Orario until Bell understood the hard truth. At that point, she intended to bring him back to the village.

But, for the first time, Bell uttered something he had never spoken before