Chapter 19: Training with golden princess, and the darkness lurking behind

Meanwhile, somewhere else, while the sky was still black.

Bell arrived at the top of the tower, where he saw the golden princess who had rescued him from the minotaur.

"G-Good morning Wallenstein-san!"

She waved with her favorite emotionless face.

"Umm... about that, can you please stop calling me Wallenstein-san?"

"Eh? Bell let out a surprised voice as he tilted his head

"I don't like it... please call me Aiz."

"V-Very well... Aiz-san."

She gave a nod.

"Umm.... So how are you going to train me?"

"Let's just fight."

"F-Fight!?"

"After that, I spend my time thinking about how I should train you. In the end, I couldn't figure it out since I never teach anyone else. My experience came from real fighting, so let's fight."

Instantly after she saw that, Aiz's eyes changed as she looked at Bell fiercely, raising a bamboo sword that she put in the ground before.

"Draw your sword, Bell."

"--!!??" Bell froze instantly when he saw Aiz's eyes.

At that moment, he felt [Fear].

"Here I come."

In response, Bell was shocked and unsheathed his sword in panic.

"W-Wait!"

He managed to avoid Aiz's thrust by directing her sword trajectory upward using his sword.

"Monster won't wait, you know."

"Hiii?!?!"

Aiz didn't stop at that. She quickly brought down her hand and used a one-handed slam at Bell.

This time he parried it with his sword using his two hands.

".....!"

Aiz widened her eyes when she saw that.

If the boy managed to fend off the first blow, he probably wouldn't be able to react to the second blow, thought the girl.

But she was wrong. Though Bell's strength is weak as expected, he is not a complete beginner at a battle. His decision might still be slow, but his body remembers as if he was constantly tempered.

Initially, she didn't put much strength in her hand because she would like to see first how well the boy did on their first exchange, but now she grips her sword tighter.

She gradually increased her speed and her power while making continuous attacks on the boy.

Thrusting, slashing, one-handed slam, she was alternating her attack to crack Bell's defenses.

She would move to the side and attack Bell in a position where his sword wouldn't reach. Aiz's bamboo sword is something that she already enchanted before with magic at Goibnu Familia. Thanks to it, her sword wouldn't break easily when she parried her sword with Bell's.

"E-EhhHHh Aiz-san, Aiz-san!! Wait!! Scary Scary!! I'LL DIE, I'LL DIE!! AahaHHHHHHH!!"

Bell managed to reflect the blows using his sword all this time. But he hasn't managed to land any counter-attack on Aiz. On the contrary, he started to miss the grip of his sword as his hand began to feel numb.