Chapter 22: Change and Ambush

<

No hero would appear before me

I'm alone.

That's why I pick up weapons.

To fight for myself.

To avenge father and mother.

That's my destiny.

>

6 days have passed since the training. Currently, it's already past noon, and Bell is still training with Aiz on the top of the tower.

[Aiz wallenstein Pov: Side in]

"Let us take a short break, Bell."

Recently I met with a male adventurer named Bell. His white hair and red eyes remind me of Al-Miraj.

I met him when our familia accidentally let a pack of minotaurs escape to the upper floors.

There, I rescued him from one of the minotaurs, but he abruptly fled while covered in blood.

A few days later, I met him again in Daedalus street. This time I was surprised by the sight of him being able to take down a silverback.

I volunteered to train him in order to find out the source of his strength. But as I teach him, the more puzzling this boy is to me.

This boy is definitely maturing at a fast rate, and as a teacher, this makes me happy that I was able to teach him properly.

"Aiz-san Umm... Do you think that I'm making any progress? I feel like every day, Aiz-san is getting faster than me, or it's me that is getting slower. I cannot find any opening to attack."

Bell was the one who broke the silence.

I shook my head in response.

"No. The reason why you can find an opening is because I cannot control myself properly...

You should be proud, Bell. You're definitely getting stronger, at an unbelievable rate."

"S-Strong? Me?! R-Really?!"

I nodded

He seemed happy when he heard that word. I should praise him more.

Yes, this boy is getting stronger at a tremendous rate.

However,

As I thought, this boy is not suited to be an adventurer.

It does not look like he's weak. In contrast, he's one of the strongest level 1 I ever met for sure.

He learned fast, incorporated what I taught so far into his battle style and now can last longer against my attacks.

But,

It's not about his talent but rather his mentality.

Every adventurer that I know has some kind of madness inside them.

Something that fuels them to keep walking.

Wealth, fame, dreams, ambition.

Because of it, one would risk their lives to reach their own goals.

That is the fundamental requirement to be an adventurer.

I have, too, like the black flame inside me.

But this boy is different.

It's only been a few days, but nevertheless, I never see any trace of madness emitting from him.