Chapter 33 Spirit

""?!""

"Spirit? Are they this creepy?" Tione looked at the spirit with disbelief face, she is well-versed with heroic stories and she saw a lot of spirit illustrations. They are beautiful, gallant and every grand word you can tie to them. But this is the first time she saw an actual spirit, and it's different from what she imagined them to look like.

"Aria, I've missed you! I've missed you!"

"Let's become one. Let me devour you."

The spirit said with a gentle tone, however behind that gentle tone, she is giving out a sinister smile which creeped everyone else.

"This is... the answer that Aiz-san wanted to find?"

"Aria! Aria! I've been waiting, waiting for you for so long!"

The spirit couldn't hide her excitement

"Come! Let me devour you!"

The moment she proclaimed that, massive vines rose from the ground and blocked their exit.

"The path!" Raul shouted

"Everyone, prepare for combat!"

"Finn! I'm heading out to the front!"

"It doesn't change what we need to do. This shithead is going down!"

Gareth and Bete shouted.

"Are you able to go, Aiz?"

To Riveria's question, Aiz nodded.

"Kyaha!"

The spirit let out an enigmatic roar as she threw the virgas like a cannonball directly at the party using her vines.

Loki's familia started making their way to the spirit.

Bete quickly intercepted one of the flying virgas with his kick.

(I should also get ready!)

"Proud warrior, snipers of the forest. Take up your bows before the advancing plunderers."

Aside from the Virgas, they also saw the plant monsters that Tiona, Tione and Lefiya fought before.

Gareth quickly cut one that was charging straight at them while raising his battle cry.

"T-Thick!"

"And so fast!"

Tiona and Tione had to deadlock with the vines since they couldn't finish it in one blow.

Another vine appeared from nowhere with a lightning fast speed however, both of them dodged it in nick time.

"Finn, I'll back you up!"

Riveria raised her staff. She identified the vines as an upcoming disaster that need to addressed quick.

"I'll torch those vines and get you close to the spirit!"

The staff started to glow, but before she could make any chant, Finn shouted.

"Wait!"

Riveria stopped and turned towards Finn.

"My thumb won't stop tingling. Something is coming!"

"Earth, roar..." The spirit raised her hands towards the sky as if she was pleading.

And as if the sky answered her call, a gigantic magic circle materialized above her and another one.

A gigantic purple magic circle appeared below the spirit.

"A chant?!"

"Come come come, shell of the earth! Shining sparks of black iron. Hammer of the stars, negate the pact of creation."