Chapter 35 Dead end

"Gareth, Finn,"

Aiz looked behind her. The rest of the party managed to stay in one piece.

"Everyone!"

"Kiahahahahaha! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Both of them turned to look at the spirit again, who looked excited right now as she screamed.

Then a wall of vines appeared behind them.

"W-Wha!"

The wall of vines now separated Aiz and Lefiya with the rest.

"Queen! Let's play!"

""?!""

The spirit was as if welcoming them with a warm smile.

Aiz stands in front of Lefiya to guard her.

Unlike her, she knows that if Lefiya took a direct hit from the spirit's attack, there's a good chance she will die. Then she noticed Lefiya's stare, and they nodded at each other.

The spirit was puzzled for a moment

"Aria, Queen friend already?"

"Who is queen?"
"Unfair! Unfair! Let me join too!"
However, the spirit didn't answer and is now throwing a tantrum.

"Who is queen!"
Aiz asked once again with a loud voice.

"Who is queen? Queen is queen! Aria, let us play together!"

"I'm not Aria! Enough!"

"You are an expert of Bow Shoot, sniper of the fairies. Penetrate, arrow of absolute accuracy!"

"ARCS RAY!"

"A magic flash travelled to the spirit. When Aiz and the spirit talks, Lefiya sneakily chants her magic.

"Now, Aiz!"

Aiz quickly grabbed Lefiya and tried to jump to the other side of the vine, however the magic cannot serve to what Lefiya hoped as it was quickly erased by the barrier.

"... Why..."

The spirit looks upset

"... You want to leave us again, queen?"

"Just like that day?"

"QUEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN EEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

"Hiii?!"

Lefiya shrieked as the spirit's loud voice pierced through her ears. So does Aiz.

Both of them covered their ears with both of their hands.

"Freeze over as though the eternal permafrost, untold blades!

The spirit chanted angrily.

"Your envoy beseeches you, Undine!"

"Incarnate of water. Queen of aqua!"

Both of them still couldn't react properly because their eardrums almost ruptured and they are experiencing dizziness

-Please!-

-Run away! Right now!-

(T-This is bad, what's happe.. ning?)

Lefiya was the one who reacted first as she tried to assess the situation.

She then noticed a magic circle in front of the spirit's mouth

Her eyes widened at that moment.

"Icicle Edge!"

"AIZ-SAN!"

Lefiya jumped towards Aiz, however with dizziness still affecting her, she could only push Aiz away.

And

Lefiya took the direct hit of the magic.

And her consciousness blackened at that moment.

"L...e...fiya..."

Aiz woke up. The icicle edge also hit her. Fortunately, she could still keep her consciousness.

(What happened?)

She tried to look around. First she saw the virgas near to her, as if they were watching her. Then she looked at another side. It was then she saw Lefiya, and when she saw Lefiya, her eyes opened wide.

"Lefiya!"

In front of her, the elf known as Lefiya was impaled, as her stomach was torn open.

Her body was covered in wounds and blood.

However, her stomach, Aiz knew. This wound means death, as Lefiya also closed her eyes.

That is a fatal wound.

An instant death wound.

A potion could heal wound, but could not restore organ.

If you lose your legs, you will spend the rest of your life without your legs should you return alive.

Her friend just got killed in front of her eyes.

"Y-You...."
She directed her eyes towards the spirit.

The spirit just smiled at her without saying anything.

For an instant, the image of her sworn enemies overlapped with the spirit in front of her.

"Why are you guys always...."

A black vortex gathered around Aiz as she slowly losing all reason.

It startled the spirit when it saw a black vortex appeared around Aiz.

However, just before Aiz lose all of her reasons, she then noticed a sound behind her.

The sound of someone standing up.

She widened her eyes as she turned around.

Lefiya, who was supposed to be dead, was now standing up.

"... That's why I told you to run away..."

"L-.. efiya?"